Masters Running

Wednesday 10/29 Daily - Not a Typo! (Read 35 times)

Hi all - miss you!!

Prayers for Leslie's brother and Amy's friend!

Twocat and Tet - you make my head spin equally as well!!

Ran with Esther/OM/OrangeMat today in Boston - so fun!  We both had an easy run on our plan for the day and had the morning free so we ran, talked and went for a bite to eat!!

We are both training for Philly and I think she is going to have an amazing race!!  I'm just hoping to finish strong and not cramp up by mile 17!!

Still working on the fuel issues.  Aamos - can't wait to see you there!!

I signed up for the Patriot 1/2 Ironman for June - my 1st 1/2 distance ..... I must be crazy!!!

denise

evanflein

After my 6.2 miles today, I'm just 1.5 miles away from 2,000! I'd sorta hoped to increase my goal to 2,400 but there's no way I'm running 200 miles each of November and December. Good enough.

Today's run was the first frosty eyelash run of the season! 11°F today for my run after work. Stayed on the bike paths that were pretty well plowed and didn't need my spikes. Just needed to be careful on the intersections and all good. Sure wish the more "rural" paths were in good shape though. When I leave at 4:30, I'm just heading into high traffic times, and sometimes the noise and air quality isn't good, especially near intersections. But, most of the run was on a road with some space so not so bad. I probably didn't describe that very well... The sunset on my return trip was very pretty.

We're down to about 8 hours of daylight, so the sun is coming up around 9:30 and my office window has a great view of the east/southeast so the sunrises have been spectacular lately!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dear charlevoix carolyn - I love trail running too but have been able to make regular pavement running more bearable by barefoot running.
        Twocat - maybe next time try to fit in a run so you can do the same as someone else I know <<<(thatwouldbeme)>>> has done and run either a 5K or marathon over there and then do the same distance again on the same day and time over here.
        denise - anyone who still calls them Half Ironmans instead of the current 70.3 nomenclature’ll probably like it so much you soon be doing a . . . . . . .. yippee.
        Dear frostylashes - since it’s still light at 4:30 pm up there, I was just thinking what all those drivers must be thinking when they see you running at 11-degrees all frozen up.  You should get double mileage credit from now on. . .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Holy Marty McFly! Was your editor on vacation?

I'm sorry to hear about your colleague Aamos.

New boss training cross training. .

The off and on rain all day has some bonuses.

SteveP

SteveP

Not that it would ever happen to me but does Steve ever get into trouble

for teaching Noah his peculiari. . . I mean , his many talents?

ps - are you related to a beaver?   <<<(stick/stick/stick)>>>

Well........When Noah was getting 2nd birthday pictures taken, he became uncomfortable being the center of attention and we feeling pressure to perform. He lifted his shirt up and tried making his belly button whistle.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Prayers for Leslie's brother and Amy's friend!

+1

Leslie - I'm sorry but I missed what's going on with your brother - whatever it is, I'm praying it gets better soon.

I don't even want to look at that pace bunny....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."