Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 08/12 (Read 303 times)

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. (Winston Churchill)

Have a great week ~

---------------------------------------------------------

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie...

I think I will try this again...need a little discipline these days.

Day Planned Running Free-weights Core Comments
      Monday Rest day      

Mowing 2 yards [mine and parents]

does that count?

Tuesday

5 mile ez Run, Free-weights;

Core

5.9 miles  ---  ---  Pre-dawn, temps @68F; no free weights or core
      Wednesday 9 mile ez Run, Core  9.3 miles    

evening run, temps @ 90F at start, 80F when finished.

not core.

Thursday

rest day for running, Free-weights

core

50 mins: UB

Chest, arms, shoulders

4X50 = 200 crunches

4X40 = 160 push-ups

4X25 = 100 side crunches each side

decided to make today a rest day for running.
      Friday

6 mile ez run rescheduled;

Light Core

6+ miles      Make-up running day. temps around 85F humid
      Saturday

Rest day for running;

Light Core

Wedding [DW family] Long run

pushed back one day.

Sunday 16-20 mile Long run  17+miles    

20 mile on for next week but considering

doing 15K next week.

Total    38.8 miles  50 Mins UB  200 crunches,160 push-ups, 100 side crunches  need to to better with core/free weights.

Hi Joe, nice to see you again Big grin

Hi Dutchie.  Nice to be back...Wink

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Dutchie42

Good Morning all,

Hi Joe, nice to see you again Big grin

How was your race, Leslie? Have you completely recovered?

How did you do yesterday, Erika? How fast were you this time?

I've been suffering from an incredible need for sleep the last two months. Usually 6-7 hrs is plenty for me, but these days I seem to need 9-10 hrs which messes with my running/workouts and school. Plus if I don't have to work, I take a 1 hour nap. Sometimes two. Apparently, this could have something to do with my age. To be sure, I finally made an appt. with my gp and I'll see him tomorrow.

Mon: nothing to report, slept in once again Roll eyes

Tue: Didn't feel much like running outside in heavy rain. So 3.59 kilometers easy on the TM it was.  Plus 30 min LB w/o (am tired, sleepy and headachy, with a very busy day ahead).

Wed: 50 min aerobics HiiT training today (incl wu and cd). Contemplating joining a gym for heavy bag training.

Thu: unexpected meeting at head office, which means a 1.h45 commute (one way). So no w/o this morning.

Fri: I was the only secretary in the office today. Went in early in a futile effort to get work done. So many people stopping by my desk asking the obvious: are you all alone? Anyways, again no w/o.

Sat: thought I would get a w/o in after I'd been to the hairdressers, supermarket and ran my errands. NOT! Except for a 20 core w/o.

Sun: Finally managed a short 3.23 kilometer doggie run, a 30 min boxing w/o and a 12 min ab w/o.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Hi Leslie, Joe, Dutchie and all who post later!

I guess this will be a cutback week since I have a lot of commitments with family and work. Dance competition is Friday.

Monday: No running, but an hour of dance practice

Tuesday: Practice at lunchtime, dress rehearsal in the evening

Wednesday: 10.1 miles mostly at tempo pace, .4 mile walk

Thursday: 6.6 miles, again could be tempo but I'll call it progressive pace, .25 mile walk c/d

Friday: 4.2 miles EZ, .3 mile walk, then two dance performances with a flawless final! Smile

Saturday: 

Sunday: 

Totals: 

Hi guys.  I've noticed my coach has followed a technique promoted when he brought Jack Daniels for a running clinic here, bumping up the mileage about every 3 weeks.  Last week was my bump and now I get to adapt to it.

Day.........................Plan..................................................................................................................................................Actual

Monday...4 very easy + strides.....................................................................................................................................3.71
            Tuesday...Workout-2 mi. warm up, 3x1 mi. at 5k pace effort (3 minutes jog recovery)  2 mi. cool down...yoga + 6.4
            Wednesday...easy 6 miles..............................................................................................................................................6
            Thursday...Cross Training for 1hr or rest easy..................................................................................................walked 3.13
            Friday...easy 5 miles-first 4 miles easy and then pick up pace for the last mile....................5.3 with the last mi. @8:47
            Saturday...5 easy/6 strides..............................................................................................yoga + 5 w/ strides consistently fast!
            Sunday...easy 11 /run first 4 miles easy, pick up pace over the next 2 miles, then easy pace for next 3 miles and then pick up pace for the last 2 miles..............................................................................................................................................................11 + 2 softball games
            Mileage...38.......................................................................................................................................................................37.4

For you Daniels/VDOT fans, here's my current training cycle with a graph of that and I welcome your feedback:

Vo2max

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - 2500m swimming

T - 5 mile easy run

W - 5 mile easy run (am) & 1650m swimming (pm)

Th - 5 mile easy run

F - 1325m swimming

Sa - 46 mile bike ride - Spin Your Wheels bike ride

Su - 11 mile easy run with Opie

Total(s) -  26 miles running, 46 miles bicycling, & 3.4 miles swimming

Paul