Masters Running

sunny Sunday daily (1/25) at the Osaka Women's International Marathon (Read 41 times)

Dave59

I'd give you more but I'm using my phone at the airport and it's impossible to type on this thing.

I ran a 2:16:26. My 3rd slowest half but better than I thought I'd do.  16 degrees and breezy.  10 miles of the race was on ice coveted dirt roads. I probably should have worn my screw shoes. Made it through the race ok but the 20+ minute wait to get the finishers glass and sweatshirt froze me. I was so cold I couldn't push the button to unlock my car. I had to bite it. I was shivering and shaking for 40 minutes going home even with the heat way up.

Now I'm at O'hare going to make it to WV in time for bed.

King of PhotoShop

I agree with twocat on principle, but the site "Science of Sport" did analyze a ton of film in slo-mo, and that's what I based it all on.  Spareribs

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

8.1 miles this morning after about 6" of snow overnight.  The DPW did a pretty good job of plowing most the way around the lake, so the Yaktraks worked nicely.  A bit slow, but enjoyable.  I spent almost 3/4 of a mile chatting with a guy I was passing that went a bit past just Good Morning--he was training for the Hyannis marathon and hoping to finish in five hours--my kind of pace .

Getting ready for the end of the world in the next couple of days.  Still not sure exactly when it's going to start, but pretty sure I'll be bringing home work to do for Tuesday (and Wednesday?).

No Santa at our party.  but a very pleasant evening.  The drive up was challenging, but the plowing was a lot better on the way home.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tet, that sounds like a fun morning in Japan. So a 2 hour half marathon is slow?  That would be super speedy for me.

I am am glad that my employer pays most of my health insurance premiums. I wish they would have had HSA's when I was younger, but that is a gamble too. I plan to pay more attention to MrStarr's Rx to see if the cost is rising. I had two filled the other day and it was $3.27.

I am a heel striker and lately have been rolling to the outside edge to keep my toe happy. Biking doesn't hurt as much so will keep at it. I did 40 minutes today watching Alaska, the Last Frontier since I forgot my phone. It is nice that the machines have tv's built in now.

i did a stupid thing today, well two really. I went to Walmart, bought a few groceries and also a kitchen strainer to replace one we cannot find. This thing is as big as the kitchen sink but just disappeared so I decided to replace it. I came home, unpacked my bags and then MrStarr went on a mission and found the original strainer behind the corner lazy susan. About then I realized I was missing a bag of groceries, the brats and a frozen turkey breast. I somehow left that bag on that whirligigs.  I went back and returned the strainer and got my stuff. They have a big binder that the record the found packages in. I guess I am not the only dope. This is one reason why MrStarr does all the grocery shopping!

i am trying to do a better job of planning my week but the weather really changes my mind in a hurry. I could even adopt twocats rule. Spin class is Tues & Thurs so will try those and run the other days. Wow, it sounds like a big storm is brewing out East. Hunker down everyone.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Office Christmas parties in January sound like a great idea. Leave the actual holiday for family and friends!

12.1 miles on the treadmill today. Bleh, that's a long time to be doing that. Might have to break down and get some cold weather miles in. All this treadmill running isn't good for a person. 44.3 miles this week, all on the 'mill.

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - Brrr!

14 miles for me on Sunday, then a busy day of errands, cooking, etc.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."