Masters Running

Wednesday, June 18th Daily (Read 470 times)

..twocat//.......what a horrible experience........ please do a follow up with her REGULAR doc....... ...one of our local doc's told me they look for ANYTHING else but what the local ER diagnosed...... .......it'll make you BOTH feel better.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I just realized that I missed posting yesterday. I have NO time these days for anything. 10 slow miles yesterday, 5 faster ones today. Bill - I second the suggestion to just run. No schedule, no time goals, no speed work unless you feel like it. There is something in between taking a month or two off completely, and starting an aggressive fall training program. If you run for fun for awhile and try to keep up with some long runs, you'll maintain enough fitness to sharpen for a fall race later in the summer.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

5 easy miles in almost fall weather conditions. For running I couldn't ask for better temps but in June you know it won't last long. Bill, Why not work on some different goals. I know I would love to be competitive at the local 5ks but the training to do that is not conducive to marathon training. I would bet ,not only that you could excel at those distances but after a few months you would be ready for another marathon challenge. Although I don't have your talent I have been at this running thing a long time and have had to change things up a few times. Usually with me a few weeks off will make me really want to get out on the roads again. Good luck and realize we all go through the same ups and downs. That is one of the reasons I love this site it helps keep me motivated. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

King of PhotoShop

Twocat, best wishes, and I agree with tomwhite. Tough day for the two of you and hope it doesn't recur. Spareribs
            hey everyone - i'm having a tough time keeping up lately here for various reasons, but i'm hoping to get refocused..............had a great gym workout monday and felt strong at track tonight - hopefully a good sign- then went to an inspiring David Kauffman concert at church dave - i love how traction feels on my back - the PT puts me on a slide board with this harness thing around my hips and pulls while i'm holding on to bars beyond my head -- hard to describe, but feels great -- he's also shown me ways to do traction on my own and it really helps --- hope it works for you twocat - hope your DW is ok - sounds like she does need a good once over by her regular doc YEAH CELTS!!

denise

hiya all, twocat, I'm with you and DW. Keep following up--women's heart problems do not present like men's, but some docs don't get this. Be her advocate! DH spent a few hours at his office today. He's going to Cardio Rehab at the hosp. 3 days a week--he exercises while on a heart monitor. Great program, as they keep increasing his tempo on the treadmill and bike, and since he's on the monitor, it gives us enormous peace of mind in terms of replicating the walks and rides here. He came to our regular Running Club night tonight and walked over a mile--and his surgery was just 2 weeks ago Thursday! I'm just doing junk miles whenever I get a half hour or so to run. He went out with his brother this weekend, so I got in a medium run. We're getting there. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. grins, A
              Masters 2000 miles
              Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Aamos, it is good to hear you DH is doing well ! Last minute post here. 6.25 miles in the morning after I was forced to skip yesterdays run, planned after work , having forgotten my running clothes at home..! First day of Summer Vacation for the kids, let's see how many runs I can put in now with my teen DD...! ( without getting in a fight on the trail..) Francesca
                evanflein

Real quick fly by post... Thanks Vista for keeping up with our tournament. Today's game was really tough, but the boys pulled together and played an excellent game. And we scored against Arizona! Wow. That was huge and it was perfect. And then, we later scored against ourselves... oops. Final was 7-1, with one of those 7 coming from us. Oh well. The boys were laughing about it later and agreed they felt pretty good in the game. A really good way to end a tough tournament. I ran this morning for 6 miles at exactly the same pace as yesterday's run (8:13) but without the tempo miles. The goal was steady state for the last two miles. Mile splits were 8:35, 8:16, 8:12, 8:15, 8:00, 8:00.... Exact pace as yesterday's run, and last two miles were dead on 8 m/m. Cool. Oh... temp was about 78, and humidity was 82% at 6 a.m. Is that getting a little more respectable for ya, Bill? I felt like I was running in the shower!
                    "Oh... temp was about 78, and humidity was 82% at 6 a.m. Is that getting a little more respectable for ya, Bill? I felt like I was running in the shower!"
                    Better Erika, better. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong