Masters Running

Thurs Feb 7 Daily Runs (Read 572 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Erika, it's good to hear your neighbor will be OK. Yikes! It really makes me think twice about running when we're up at our cabin for a week. What will I do?? I guess I'll worry about it later. Horrible weather today - no way I could run in the blowing snow or compete with all the plow trucks that were out. School was cancelled, so DS15 and I went to the Y and ran side by side on the treadmills. What fun to pretend that I could run "with" him! He started at a 7:30 pace and went to 6:30 for an "easy" run, while I stayed around 11:30. I went 5 miles in 57:34. I'm glad DS isn't embarrassed to be seen in public with me! More snow coming Saturday, but I think I can finish my long run before the storm hits. Then more snow predicted for next week! This is an old-fashioned winter, I guess. Teresa
      A couple of weeks ago now, I posted about a lawyer who was running in a sub-division and was hit and killed by a vehicle. Up until now, they had not found the hit and run driver. Apparently they now have him in jail. The reason?.....He now has hit A WOMAN WITH HIS CAR. The police are smart though. They are reporting that they believe these may not be accidents. Shocked What is wrong with this guy? Doesn't he know that bullets are cheaper than gas? Ummm......watch your back while you are running folks. Your EX or a co-worker may have "rented a car".
      Vista
        vista--thanks for not making all the obvious jokes about the lawyer. One of our judges called to our attention (yesterday) the CNN story about the defendant who was in court with his lawyer, said he'd rather have the States Attorney represent him, then punched his lawyer--hard. She thought it was funny. Me, not so much. Hopeful/Mary--loved the photo of yer critters. Really sweet. I have to have the cats on a diet and they are both mad at me and look at me mournfully when chowtime is over as they're still so so so hungry. Then they try and steal Frank's (the dog) food when I feed him. Finally, i ran at lunch--it was 20 something but felt great NOT to go to the gym! 5.25 easy miles in 45:30. big grins, A ps: did anyone see Non Sequiur (comic strip) today? It was about dogs and moose, sort of Big grin
        Masters 2000 miles
        mustang sally

Bad faerie

So do you think plain water without ice is cold enough??? Water out of the tap right now seems really cold compared to summer. I'm hoping to get used to the ice baths, especially after harder runs.
          I sure find that our winter tap water (45F, quickly warming, I suspect), is plenty cold to provide benefit. Of course, it doesn't help the "I'm so Manly That I Inflicted Even More Pain on Myself Than You Did, You Weenie" crowd, but that's their problem Blush Track tonight
            vista--thanks for not making all the obvious jokes about the lawyer. One of our judges called to our attention (yesterday) the CNN story about the defendant who was in court with his lawyer, said he'd rather have the States Attorney represent him, then punched his lawyer--hard. She thought it was funny. Me, not so much.
            Well, my daughter is a lawyer, so I had to give up on the jokes in that direction. Now if I could only get my kids to not make jokes about their Dad...ha.
            Vista

Manchild

Five miles on the treadmill following work and a fairly successful appointment with my chiropractor at 5:00PM. Wow, what an interesting forum today, what with moose attacks, cute dogs, and cat and mouse activities and tragedies. Gordon, how long ago was that pic taken? Good runs by all and hope for continued successes!! Chris
              SteveP

This is our first grandson, Noah, looking for a corn cob pipe and a can of spinach: Here I'm trying to explain the importance of having a stong foothold on reality: I'm the one in the Batman shirt Here's DW with Noah:

SteveP

great thursday everyone!! ray - cool shirt!! impressive 5K for just starting back - nice job!! holly - great run - would love to get my pace up like that!! erika - scary moose story - glad the neighbor is doing ok - be careful!! teresa - so fun to "run with" your son - i had similar thoughts as i watched my 17 yr old glide along the treadmill - he's 6'2" with long lean legs - i'm so envious!! ice baths - brrrrrrrrr - i just can't wait for spring and i know i have no business complaining with what some of you deal with for snow and temps every day!! steve - great pics!! wed was a rest/sleep day for me - i worked 2 extra 8 hour nights then went in last night for a scheduled 12 hour shift - so between the extra hours, fasting for ash wed. and getting up early to go to mass with the boys i didn't think it was wise to try and squeeze in a workout too - good thing because we were slammed at work all night!! thurs - 5K loop on the treadmill followed by a cool down to total 3.25 miles in 30:34 15 minutes step mill, leg press machine and ab work

denise

First & most important GREAT Pics Steve, Congrats Big grin Vista was the woman also out running? Maybe he has a rage against runner/walkers or something? Or they were just easy targets. Use a car and you can say it was an accident... Shocked BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

GreenMan

I sure find that our winter tap water (45F, quickly warming, I suspect), is plenty cold to provide benefit. ....
                      BikeTM, if using a bath tub, sit in dry tub, run cold tap to desired level, add ice as or if needed. Gradual adjustment is easier I think. jjj
                      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                      evanflein

5.3 miles tonight on the treadmill (duh...), splits like this: 8:49; 8:34; 7:30; 8:34; 8:49 for the last 1.3 miles. Sort of a peak kind of run. The mile at 10k pace felt much easier than Tuesday's first mile, so that's good... but I only did one this time. More of that next week.
                        mustang sally

Bad faerie

Evan, I must confess that I snorked when I first read "stomped by a moose." The reality is, of course, much more grave, and I'm glad your neighbour got out relatively unharmed. At the track tonight: 6x1200 in strict HR Zone 3 (<165 for="" me,="" below="" at,="" and="" we="" treat="" it="" as="" mp).="" 6:13="" (whoops),="" 6:27,="" 6:28,="" 6:31,="" 6:31,="" 6:26.="" this="" averages="" out="" to="" 8:38="" pace="" if="" we="" drop="" the="" over-excited="" first="" one,="" which="" pleases="" me="" to="" no="" end.="" i'd="" like="" to="" believe="" that="" this="" is="" a="" decent="" mp="" predictor.="" then:="" 4x200="" on,="" 200="" off="" "at="" whatever="" pace="" suits="" you."="" i="" didn't="" have="" time="" to="" ask="" why,="" because="" i="" was="" the="" last="" one="" left="" at="" the="" track="" (everyone="" else="" had="" been="" given="" 4="" 1200s)="" and="" coach,="" soaked="" and="" hypothermic,="" left.="" :47,="" :48,="" :47,="" :47.="" it="" kind="" of="" felt="" good="" to="" blow="" out="" the="" pipes="" at="" the="" end="" of="" the="" workout.="" not="" a="" bad="" night's="" work.=""></165>Steve, that grandbaby is cute as a button. You must be so pleased.