Masters Running

12-23-15--The Night before the Night before Christmas (Read 38 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

So sorry to hear about LaT's DH, John.  I had thought there had been some tiny little signs of hope earlier.  A very nice man, whom I only met once, but would have expected no less based on Kirsten.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

So sorry to hear about LaT's DH, John.  I had thought there had been some tiny little signs of hope earlier.  A very nice man, whom I only met once, but would have expected no less based on Kirsten.

I met John a few times, a really nice and talented artist. My heart goes out to Kirsten and her family.

No running today but I did get back to yoga, first time since my hand surgery 4 weeks ago. It felt good to stretch.

wildchild

Carolyn

So sad to hear about LaT's DH.   Cancer sucks.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh LaT - such heartbreaking news....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My heart goes out to LaT and her family.  wild, I'm jealous of your beach time.  Nice long run, Aamos.  Good job on the speedwork deez and evan.

This morning, it was about 40 and there was a light wind.  I did 5 miles at an 11:35 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Very sorry, La Tortuga...I can't imagine how hard this is.  Yes--cancer sucks!

I did 12 miles, tonight in 1:25:19.  10 miles were at a tempo pace.  It was a wet, sloppy, and slippery run!

Ok--gotta go.  See ya!

an amazing likeness

I joined that 2016 in 2016, but too late to get on a team. I meant to, just didn't do it. So, I'm in there on my own and have no idea what that means or what I'm supposed to do. So, I'll just run.

Apparently there are people who sign up and don't do it...amazing, I know.  There are hundreds of hidden rules in the game, but it seems you can get drafted onto a team to replace a no-show or drop-out. Any team would benefit from you joining, can we reserve you for team 15?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

evanflein

MilkTruck, sure that would be fine! I would just need someone to tell me what to do as far as reporting or whatever.

Got off work a little early today, now officially off until January 4. But.... I'll be going in here and there to finish up some things, clean up and get ready for the new year. Did another treadmill run and decided (while I was running) to do a progressive pace run today.

One mile each at...

8:42

8:34

8:27

8:20

8:13

8:07

Last .5 mile at 8:34 for 6.5 miles total.

Mariposai

I just love this...our Aamos is becoming very technology savvy!

thanks for the cheers. I spent the day today trying to get more homeless funding for my poor county. Make great progress...but so much more negotiating that needs to be done. I wish I had the money to cook a big chili feed for our homeless on Christmas day...I can cook the pot of chili to feed an army...but once you feed the public you are dealing with the Health Dept....darn bureaucrats.

Six miles on deep snow today. At this point I am training to run a 13 minute mile marathon for my next marathon...but enjoying the blessing of being able to be outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Good mornin' everyone!

Well I guess we all can see why our Ms. Mari is running the Housing Authority; Bam!  Xmas shopping, WITH coupons/discounts, in 2 hours.  Bam! Bam!Image result for bam!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

moebo

Just checking in before I run this morning and saw the sad news.

My sincerest condolences to you, La Tortuga, for your loss.

--Maureen