Masters Running

Monday, June16th Daily Runs (Read 460 times)

The Jogger

Afternoon All Rest day for me today. I am away in Ireland on Thurs for a wedding. Jeanne glad your wedding went well and Sue, sounds like a tough trail run with hubby. I did a relay marathon very hilly trail run on Sat. The weather was perfect as was the South Downs Way. We have done this for the 3 years it has been running same team and I have done the same leg each year. The first year are vet now 63 got lost. The second year he collapsed but finished, the medics recognised him from last year as he collapsed just over the finish line again. He was fine though. We managed to come in 21/61 so quite good. I have improved each year. 2006 54mins + change 2007 48mins + change 2008 46:35 The team age's are 63, 50, 38, 38 My arches feel a bit sore apart from that all ok. Good Runs All Roy
      Just an ez 30 minutes to unwind the legs after yesterday's rest..usually a rest day but mileage was low yesterday so thought I would go out. Much hotter than I thought. Wow...sweating bullets. Out for some tennis with a friend tonight. Girls at their mom's this week so it will be quiet here. Cheers Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Mariposai

Tselb, sorry to hear about the hammy issue. Please take care, we don't want to see you in the DL list.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Soaking up the sunshine and blue sky and hoping that this beautiful weather stays for...at least 3 months.., 6 miles and a bit at more or less 8:45 pace , first 4 miles with dead legs that gradually came back to life. Have a nice end of day Monday everyone!!! Francesca
            Not much happening on the board today I see. Much needed rest day for me. I rolled down the windows of our minivan to cool it off before going to pick up the kids. When I went out to drive it, our little acrobatic cat was sitting in the passenger seat waiting for me. So funny....I swear she thinks she's a dog. Have good evening everyone! Enjoy the simple things...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Popping in to say a quick "hello" to my RA friends. I have started training for Hartford - anyone from here planning to run this year? Mondays are an early morning run for me - luckily WRFB is already asleep and can't tell me that 6:30am is sleeping in! Hi Tramps! Hi DeeGee!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

SteveP

Good deal on your race Roy!!!! Where's the fasion report??? Rest day today. We had company over tonight. I'm the one in the Batman shirt. Um..I'm the old one in the Batman shirt

SteveP

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Or you could say, "I'm the one in the old Batman shirt!"
                    Awesome photos! Gorgeous family all of you and the little bat-baby made me grin! Thanks Steve! Hi La Tortuga! I hope to meet you and many others in Hartford. It's only 40 minutes from where I live. I may be part of the cheering section because of business travel the day before, but I love that race and it's the sight of many a speedy time for me. Good luck with the training. .....still waiting at the airport...like Charlie beneath the streets of Boston...to never return! Karin
                      Threat of severe thunderstorms (which never arrived), sore foot, and exhausted from moving boxes and boxes and boxes at school, so . . . . . . . I took a rest day from running. Did 30 minutes of stretch and strength, and there was also all of that box-schlepping. . . . . The music classrooms in one of my schools is being remodeled starting pretty much the minute we leave school on Thursday, so EVERYTHING has to be carefully stored away from our classrooms. Between that and still not knowing what school I'll be assigned to next year, I have to bring home everything that I ever want to see again, down to the last sheet of paper. It's frightening how much junk I've accumulated over the last 8 years, but kind of freeing to see how much I really DON'T need to keep. I have this fantasy of retiring to live on a sailboat or in a Katrina cottage some day, but I've got A LOT of purging of stuff to accomplish before that can even begin to happen! Hopefully this weird pull-thing in my foot will behave tomorrow so that I can get in an easy 3-miler. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Renee the dog

Just back from 3 mi with Renee. We had a HUGE storm tonight at dinnertime. Lots of thunder, lightening and sideways rain. Made for a lot of puddle splashin' good time out there. Haven't been posting 'cause I've been not running but instead moving and surviving on caffeine, sugar and booze. I pulled up a boatload of sod at the new house to lay out my gardens and dug in too many shrubs. Everything is done that can be on the outside. Inside, well, we're actually living (if you call eating dinner and sleeping there) at the new house. We did a sleep over with the kids on Friday night, and they've refused to go back to our other house! So now, I commute over the 6 blocks in the morning, work 1/2 a day packing at the old place, then finish the day at the new place. Next Tuesday, the movers will be moving our furniture. It would have been nice to do it this week. However, the town has closed our road due to paving for most of the week! How convenient (not). My Mom is home from rehab, but there's all sorts of problems, as my Dad is making it very clear he's an unfit caregiver. Loads of stress for my sister and somewhat for me as we try to determine what to do next. He's most uncooperative, so we have to try to anticipate every possible angle. <sigh> </sigh>

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

luckily WRFB is already asleep and can't tell me that 6:30am is sleeping in!
                          LaT - 6:30 is sleeping in. Big grin

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

SteveP

(((((Nono))))) Hang in there. All things come to pass. If possible, talk with poeple who have been in the same boat.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Nono}}} - rough time for you with your parents right now. I hope you find some resolution for it. I feel your moving pain, since we just moved into a new home last month. We're unpacked now, but still busy, busy with so many house projects. My gardening is extremely minimal this year, since most of my efforts are going on inside. Good luck and I hope you get all unpacked and settled in quickly. SteveP - adorable!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."