Masters Running

The Lurker From Boston (Read 335 times)

Welcome annied! I came out of lurkerdom after the Hartford 2007 marathon thanks to meeting TheProfromDover (he passed me in the final mile and was wearing a Coolrunning shirt). So Holly is continuing a great tradition it appears! I live at the other end of the state in Florence, MA. Welcome aboard! CNYrunner (Central NY) Karin
      Welcome Annied: You mentioned that we seem to have fun with each other in meetings etc. From following each other's running experiences, complete with races, injuries and training plans, there becomes a real sense of "family". By the time most of us meet each other, there is little to be surprised about because we know each other so well. The encouragement and help found in this forum is incredible. Now that you are out in the open, we hope you will post often.
      Vista
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Annied--I'm also north of Boston, very close by. Know where Wakefield is? Wink I have lake Q to thank for my running, 'cause if I didn't have such a convenient spot to run, I doubt I'd still be at it. Ever run there? If you have, noting your speed, you probably have gone flying by me. Smile I'm there early in the morning, on the bike at the moment, but hoping to be plodding around it shortly. Also Max the dog and I spend a lot of time there in the evening. I think it's pretty cool that you were able to pick out someone that you only know from on line out of a crowd like that! I'd say that Holly would be worth coming out of lurkdom for. This is a great place to get info and encouragement on running and life in general. Hope you like it enough to hang around. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

yes annie - i am a member of MVS.........went to the post-race party after the marathon - it was a lot of fun!! kevin - have you ever gone over to the Stone Zoo in Stoneham and run that loop? it's about 5 miles and a great run - i haven't done it in quite awhile, but would park either at the zoo, across the street or up across Friendly's and do the loop once my back is better and i'm cleared to run again i'd love to meet up with you guys!!

denise

SteveP

Welcome Annied. Good to meet you. Post often.

SteveP

Welcome, annied!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

btb1490

Welcome Annied! Yep, you'll like it here! Great run you had at Boston, congrats!
                  Holly, you looked great, and my offer stands to stay at my house if you come back to run Boston!!
                  Am I reading this right and you're offering to let all of the RunningAhead forum members stay at your house next April? Big grin But a sincere welcome to this group and congratulations on running Boston and coming out of lurkdom. We hope to hear from you regularly in the future!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"