Masters Running

Granddaughter has pneumonia (Read 160 times)

munchkn883

Taylor was fine until Friday night. She coughed all night, would not eat & was running a fever of over 102 so Erin & William took her to the doctor Saturday morning. He told them it was just a virus but Erin insisted he put Taylor on an antibiotic. Sunday she still had a fever and was not eating...Monday she started breathing treatments and that seemed to work until last night. Fever still wasn't gone, still not eating and coughed all night. William's mom came over this morning and he called the doctor. They took her in and she has pneumonia. William is going to get her medicine while his mom takes Taylor for a chest x-ray. The results of the x-ray will be called into the doctor in case she needs something else. We are praying she starts feeling better soon, will eat and be able to get some sleep. I was over there yesterday and hope I don't get it. Please keep them in your prayers.
      Munch, I will keep Taylor in my prayers. I hope that she starts to feel better soon and is able to enjoy Christmas. Meg

Once a runner . . .

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Taylor and family}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, my, that poor little girl! That's a long time to be so sick. I will definitely pray for her and her family.
            I'm so sorry to hear this, munch. It makes you feel so helpless when little ones get sick. My thoughts with Taylor and the whole family. TomS
            wildchild

Carolyn

Hope she gets well soon! My DD had pneumonia when she was 2, and she was pretty sick for a week or so, but she bounced back pretty quickly.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Poor baby!! It's so hard to watch the little ones when they're sick -- but hopefully once she's on the right antibiotic she'll bounce back quickly like carolyn's daughter.

denise

munchkn883

We're going to spend the night with them tonight so hopefully I can post an update. Thank you all for your prayers!
                  munchkn883

Taylor is doing much better but is still coughing quite a bit. She continues her antibiotic and breathing treatments. We had a great time watching her open presents this morning. Biggest hits were her cash register and a pack of gum!