Masters Running

Weds 9/5/12.... (Read 424 times)

King of PhotoShop

Tammy, great pics of David in his x-country meet on FB.  Why not put some of them here. Good job he did this early in the season.

Bill, except for that guy who introduced Hubert Horatio Hornblower.  Spareribs

Mariposai

Wow that is one great shot of wildchild! We should check the boys' HR after seeing that great picture!

Tamster, we hiked the Lake Ozzette trail on Sunday: 3 miles of boardwalk, three miles on the beach climbing over rocks and logs, then 3 miles back on the board walk. Have you ever done that trek. Enkie, TaperBoy, Dove?  That trek is hard, but fun!

A visit to my poor garden during lunch showed me that it is marinera sauce making night tonight! The tomatoes decided to ripen all at once Black eye. It is a good thing that I am tapering.

BTW, any word from Karin?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Tammy, great pics of David in his x-country meet on FB.  Why not put some of them here. Good job he did this early in the season.

Bill, except for that guy who introduced Hubert Horatio Hornblower.  Spareribs

it's been so long since I've posted pics here that I think I've forgotten - don't I have to upload to photobucket first, then paste the link in here? It's just so easy to post at FB. And I tried getting into my photobucket acct today and I just get an msg that "this account is under maintenance". not sure what that means exactly, or how long it might take. . [sigh]. . .

Tammy

Nothing exciting, just my usual 4.2 mile loop, lots of people waiting for the bus in the morning now, I feel like my morning privacy has been invaded.

Mari, no, never done that hike, but I've been to deception pass twice before.  Kids love playing in among the driftwood on the beach.  I didn't enjoy the military planes doing practice flights overhead DURING THE NIGHT, while we were camping and trying to sleep.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

Nice to get that feeling!

Anything you want me to bring from Ohio?

Buckeyes?

You are good guy TimBo.

Kewl Roch.

Nancy...Do you have a trick for removing the seeds?

Oh My Gosh Tammy!

I had a delivery nearly to Indiana. * hour rnd trip plus unload time. I made sure I didn't have to go back to the shop tonight. Just in case I did not..I brought running gear. (Shoes, shorts and dog). We got a greta trail run in, chatted up a couple of guys in wooden shoes and Dutch accent. Very very kewl. Grabbed a carb rich pizza close to home and got in just in time to get DW DD#3 a quick dinner before they went out to a hair test done before the wedding. WHat the heck is a hair test?

SteveP

my father and favorite uncle were both born on september 10th (not 1812).  they always tried to get the conversation around to the battle of lake erie, with great difficulty.  enjoy the anniversary festivities!

marj 

I have someone in my family tree who was born shortly after the battle in 1813. He was named "Oliver Hazard Perry Anderson". A popular victory, especially in Kentucky.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

....great picture wildchild////

======

....90 min hiking,,,,,,,,,,,24min poolrun

...........ps...........thanks

for all the info yesterday on Pickles' Trip,

she went with TheMemphisAunts.......they're gonna have a blast.

Special

thanks to jylnne//.............I forgot I ran out of food last time,

you'll

be pleased to know

I've had A Banana Shake, FigNewtons, Granola and HotDogs as part of a Balanced Meal Plan

will re-shop Sunday after I get sick on this .

.........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

This is a finish line picture, in America the Beautiful Park in downtown Colorado Springs.  I ditched my shirt when the sun came out at about mile 22, and tucked it in the strap of my sports bra. You can see it in my shadow - it looks like a cape!

Oh...the cape...that's really cool...I didn't notice that before...I must have been looking at that rear leg return...

Tammy--you can copy your pictures from facebook, too.  That's how I upload all of my pictures here...of course, they're all off center...

I went to happy hour with a couple of people from my old company, tonight...it wasn't very fun.  Maybe I'm bitter...I don't like that about me.

Okay--that's it--gotta go to bed.

Mariposai

Nancy...Do you have a trick for removing the seeds?

O

Nope! I normally make the backberry jam with seeds and all, now, the syrup is another story Wink.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Got a decent streak going, 40.3 miles in the last 5 days.  This evening's run was one of those where I realized my miles were done for the day and I wanted to just keep going!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mariposai

Opie, that is the perfect place where you want to be!!! The miles are done, but you want to keep on going!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

chatted up a couple of guys in wooden shoes and Dutch accent.

I'd like to try those too sometime.

Maybe wita Sveedish accent dough

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dang, Carolyn - nice pic!  Nice abs!!

Between work and home, I've been busier than a one-legged man at a butt kicking contest, so not a whole lot of time to read posts thoroughly and to post in here.  I have skimmed them, though, and everyone seems to be surviving. Wink

Today was 4 recovery miles, followed by about 50 min of core/upper body strength training.  Tomorrow I get the try tempo running again . . . . . y e a . . . (can you sense my incredible enthusiasm?? Roll eyes

It's about 8:15 here, and I'm calling it night.  Should be getting in another hour of transcription, but my butt's whooped and I need to go to bed.  Later, gators ~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I looked out the window when I got up at 4 this morning, and all I saw was gauze. I thought it was dense fog, but learned later that it was condensation on the windows caused by the great difference in temp and humidity between inside and outside (comfortable and relatively dry inside, and warm and muggy outside).

Jay, I remember all the windows in my porch being like that when we had that awful heat & humidity this summer. They were just dripping wet.  Today we finally have the air off and the windows open.  I love fall.  That's probably why I am doing two races this fall when it's been six years since I had the courage to run the local 10K.

Tonight's schedule was to be 9 x 400's at 5K pace,  I'm not really doing intervals like that yet since I am definitely a beginner at racing.  After reading a few articles on RW I decided to run 4 - 1 mile repeats with a 2 minute rest,  I think I can run 12:00 to12:15 so went with that pace, and programed the Garmin.  I thought I had the beeping shut off, but I must have done something wrong.The beeps were quite annoying, but I got to like the one that told me I was going too fast...... that never happens.  I had my new majic shoes on that came on the UPS truck today.  The 4 miles ended up to be 12:16 /12:06 / 11:48  11:32   ..........I read something about negative splits today to so was happy that inadvertantly worked out too.Last week I fetl good about 12:25 miles and a tempo run at 12:28 the week before that.  I think I'm on the verge of getting the hang of this.

We had hot dogs over the fire for supper and they were so good!  Now back to real food and lots of garden produce.

I'm going to run a practice 10K on the route on Saturday at the very time and place that it's held.  Shall I start out slow and work up to 11:30 to see how long I can hold it there?  My last race here was six years ago and I ran 11:26 pace.

Tomorrow will be an easy 3 or 5. 

Well it is way late here, and I need to be up early tomorrow.  Orchestra starts for me and that could put a damper on my running schedule. unlless I join the 4OC,

Starr in SW MN

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Marathon Maniac #957

(((MikeE)))

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."