Masters Running

First day of fall? (Read 41 times)

Quick post before I head out to the CR meeting. It was another gorgeous day in SW MN, 70 with a bit of a breeze. I usually run every other day so this was my run day. I really felt tired when I started and yep, first mile was 12:10. I stuck with it and think I ended up with a good progression run miles 2-5 were 11:46-11:24-11:13-11:09. That is how I hope to run the 10 mike race, faster every 2 miles, but a bit faster than tonight. I will run Wednesday, then take off Thursday&Friday. Does that sound like a good plan?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

BTY

No run for me today. I woke up too early - 445 - for a day off. But after that I had a great day and had my birthday dinner with 3 of my 4 kids, my wife and my Mom. Recovered well from yesterday's long  run and looking forward to a great week of running in my first month of my new AG.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'm just checking in quick to say, please come to Vermont,  lamerunner...you need to get away.

And, Tammy--I love that look on David's face.  He really is my kind of kid.

And...it looks like it's heating up for the VT50.  53 to 79.  Sunny.  Light wind.  0% chance of rain...or snow.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

You don't want it warming up for VT, that's for sure.

5.6 miles today, faster than I should've gone. I calculated out what I need to run to get to 200 miles this month, and it came to about a 10k per day. Probably not going to happen....

SteveP

(((((LameRunner & DD)))))

enough blabbering on and on from me about my son. Thanks for reading. I'm so proud of him.

Blabber away.

Good news on the Dr. visit, Dave59

Good Luck PBJ.

SteveP

I'm with Dave59 on not being ready for the cold. I rode 24 miles with my regular Tuesday seniors group this morning and was underdressed for the first portion. A couple of years ago, we kept the ride schedule going until the first week of November, but this year we probably will only go another week (with an option to call for a ride if the weather is exceptional). The Great Lakes were frozen over as never before last winter, which led to our summer being cooler than usual (good for runners!), but now is portending another severe winter. Isn't this how the Ice Ages got going?

Starr, Worthington is a pretty nice place. We stopped there overnight at the Holiday Inn Express last week on our way back to Michigan from the Black Hills area and also had a nice "dinner" at the nearby Hy-Vee! I've never seen a grocery store with a nice built-in restaurant area like that.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"