Masters Running

Tuesday, 2.16.16 (Read 32 times)

Lovely photo, wild. Where is all your snow? Nice speed work, MikeE and getting to the meeting on time too.

Rosie, I wish you were coming to Green Bay and Portland. Jlynne's, are you running the half or the full?

We had a super busy day at work today. With the 15th falling on a Monday and on a holiday and that being our normal due date, it seemed like twice as many people were in to pay in person, and those were mostly cash payments. It is unbelievable how many pay in cash.

DD took a bad fall this morning in the bathroom, wet feet just slipped on the tile. She said she did the splits and hurt her knee hurting. I hope she goes to the doctor. She has a gig playing piano for the High School musical so that is getting her out of the house. She is seeming more like her normal self so giving her space has been working. Now we need to have a talk about expectations, boundaries, goals, finances and employment. Little by little we will get this all figured out.

Spin class tonight but there was no instructor 😕, so we had to use a video. It was set in Scotland, which was OK but the music was quite annoying.  55 minutes, 15 miles, most of them sweaty.

Good night everyone.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

My Tuesday felt like Monday today. A very productive day, but hectic.

I did managed a 3 recovery miles at lunch time. It was 45 and sunny.

Taper time, yeahhhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Tet and Moebo, I was thinking the same thing. Where's all Carolyn's snow??

Loved the photo of the skiers. I did notice Mr. Blue Eyes was in the back with sunglasses on. So cagey... Glad you guys had a fun weekend. Nice run, Mariposai!

So is Amy going to Reston, too?

Always sad to see the pets slow down with age. I remember Cheyenne used to like to run with me, not necessarily on the leash (bad dog!), but then she'd just go to the end of the road, turn around and go home. Then she'd go to the end of the driveway to send me off, and wait for me to come back. Then she'd stay on the deck landing and wait for me to come home (good dog!). Seems to go so fast, too.

Tom, those are some impressive walking paces you're putting in, good job!

Didn't run yesterday, just kind of ran out of time, energy and enthusiasm. Too bad too, because it was a tough day at work and I probably really could've used a run. But, probably good to give the ankle a day off. Today was cloudy at first but it cleared off this afternoon to bright sunshine on sparkling snow, and temps about 19°... I had to go out! 6.4 miles on path and trail, felt good.