Masters Running

Saturday daily (1-4/14):marathons and more or less (Read 42 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Birthday Dave!

Nice racing for CNYrunner, Mike, and Dave!

Enke - sounds like a great time and cool to meet a new running partner.

7 miles for me this morning in a windy 17 degrees.  The bike path is too icy, so I ran mostly in the middle of the residential sidestreets.

We are forecast to have 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow and into the night, starting off as freezing rain with a 35 degree high and then dropping to negative degrees overnight.  I have it on good authority that the schools will likely be closed Monday.  That being said, I drove to my office this morning to pick up files and plan to work from home Monday. It will be a relief not to have the two-hour round trip it takes in those conditions.

Time to take DD and her friends sledding.  I might just sit in the car and read, though....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

New skirt in town

Tet's posts are always so intriguingly cryptic, I take a good amount of time to figure them out!

10.1 easy treadmill miles this morning, followed by my ballroom dance lesson and then carting my DS to his karate class and varied and sundry fun activities.

Happy Birthday Dave!  I'm looking forward to a new age group in May, and my best present will be an additional 5 minutes on my BQ time.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

tet, it  sounds like you had quite the flight, but the result made it worthwile.  CNY, nice 5K.  Mike, good racing.   Dave, it was good to see you this morning.  tomw, I hope you can shake what's got you.

Nice long runs for Mike, CNY (including above mentioned race), and Dr Robin.

As Dave said, we saw each other at a small, local, race this morning.  At race time, my car thermometer said 17°, there was a decent wind, and some icy spots on the route.  I wore my Yaks and think I made the right call.  I was just under 31 minutes for a pace that  was just under 10 min/mile.  That got me 57/74 OA and 2/3 in my AG (70+).  I did a mile warmup and 1.9 miles afterwards to give me 6 miles for the day.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Maniac 505

good racing people.  Tet, glad you landed safely.  Enke, sounds like a good group you found.

waited till it warmed up a little,  45º and sunny.  the path through the waterfront park was REALLY crowded today,  5 EZ miles.

TomW  get better soon.

Yesterday was brew day,  my 20th   2.5 gallon batch is fermenting.

Dave59 happy birthday!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Yesterday was brew day,  my 20th   2.5 gallon batch is fermenting.

Ohh divechief's brew is good, even for a non-beer drinker. Will you bring some at the Omak Orchards in Bloom?

12.5 miles at easy pace. 4 miles with the Easy Pacer and son Daniel. Ohhh I so enjoy running with the boys. I also enjoyed watching this amazing sunset form. Don't you just love being a runner?

Sunset during my run

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mrrun

Happy Birthday Dave!

Lots of nice racing and running - we spent some time with my DS, DIL and GD who just came back from a week in Hong Kong.  GD at 6 is having a really hard time with the time change.  fortunately school was cancelled on friday, so she had an extra day to recover.

((TW))

evanflein

Happy birthday (a bit late in the day, sorry) to Dave, and welcome to the new age group!

Nice racing in the chilly temps today. Very well done! Somehow, I just can't get my head wrapped around winter racing, although I know there are a few here. I always think I should do one and then, nahhh, don't think so. 

8.5 miles today on recently plowed bike paths, felt good except my chin/cheeks did get cold in the breeze. There was a half mile stretch on the way back that was directly into the (before not noticed much) wind, and it was the coldest half mile of the run! Temp at the time/temp sign was -2° almost halfway through, but it was above 10° at the start and end point. Unfortunately, I was only there to start and end, the rest of the run was in lower elevation/chillier temps. Oh well, I survived.

We're forecast to get snow tonight and tomorrow. Figures, the bikepaths are in perfect shape now. Goodness knows we can't have that last more than 12  hours....  

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu dave-san and it`s good to have so many good racers making up for the rest of  us <<<(that would be me)>>>.

I hope this isn:t an omen portending what`s to come on sunday but there was nothing dream like about dreaming  I disavowed my vow not try anything stupid like a double or something right now, especially being off of running anything longer than 10K for more than four months but there I was this morning in a 38 degree chill strating off with the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful RUnning Club`s. Hiratsuka-to-Enoshima Island Marathon.  there:s a nine-mile out-and back along the Shonan Beach famed for reliably big waves for year-round surfers over here, i.e.  wind. Don:t think that dream is going to happy this time though as i e-mailed the RD that I:m too wiped out from today:s 42.195km around-and-around the Imperial Palace eight times so will join him as a volunteer, which is pretty much all he doesn now that, as being a year older than me (he just turned  71),  his running has become even slower than mine.

ps mariposai - I haven:t seen anything that beautiful except for when I get to run with the goddesses herein.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Tet...are you a Jedi Master?

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet...are you a Jedi Master?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."