Masters Running

Almost Spring Daily March 3rd (Read 41 times)

Very cute Ribs.

I left my bag on the bus  Sad  Luckily, not my purse, just my bag with my nice homemade healthy lunch in it and a library book.  Will retrieve it later this week, I hope.  So I have to buy lunch today, which is not so good with my new diet plans.  Anyway, I have lost 2.2 pounds since Saturday morning - lots of veggies and running, and no stomach bugs!  Goal is 10-15 pounds before Ave. of the Giants.

Rest day.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Mariposai

Great picture! Those are really hard core runners!

I am so sorry to hear that the East Coast is still being hammered with bad weather. It is snowing here, but not that much.

This was a fun snow play weekend for my butterfly wings. After work on Friday I traveled to Red Mt, BC for two days skiing. The weather was bitter cold (-24 plus wind at the top of the mountain and -13 at the base) but the snow was good. It snowed all day yesterday, which made a green downhill skier like me look pretty good coming down the mountain and skiing on the soft moguls was a great fun. We did not want to return home yesterday.

No running for me since Friday, but my legs are wobbling from all that skiing. Rest day today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

In above picture that's me in the red coat on the rightside by a orange cone, pic taken seconnds after I started the half marathon

18F wind chill 5 and several wore shorts. One guy wore his usual kilt He wore it at a 10miler on Jan. 19 when it was 7 F

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

,,,,,,,,Amazing Race sarge//.........we need to get you one of those Kilts...........

ps

Aaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkkk

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Great photo Sarge and good on you for hanging tough.

9.4 miles this morning and then had to scoot off to a local client. Legs felt good even if the wind rendered my hands incapable of turning the doorknob and my lips incapable of forming a shout to Mr. CNYrunner: "Hey! Open the door! Frozen runner wife out here" Of course Hudson helped and I did get back inside.  Last week's mileage was 80 and this week will be slightly higher, roar. Not one snowflake here and NE was pretty much entirely spared of the storm. The ice cold air is back, but I don't need to shovel air and we are grateful and fortunate to have a warm house.

Glad you are feeling better Deez---hang in there

It's so awesome to see Aamos here!

And here's hoping that TW's AAaaaaaaaack will turn into hurray or something like that at some point. :-)

mrrun

CNY - nice letter in New England Runner!  you were right and they really didn't answer you.

Ribs - April 1!!

Hi everyone else!!!

Marj

CNY - nice letter in New England Runner!  you were right and they really didn't answer you.

Thanks Marj! I haven't received my issue yet. The incidence of female runners---even elites (as in the case our letter described)---being referenced as someone's girlfriend or wife as if they don't have their own names and identities makes me nuts. We'll see what if any response we get....

Marathon Maniac #957

Sarge - great photo!  I can hardly believe those out there in shorts, though.

CNYrunner - can you send us a copy of the article?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sarge - great photo!  I can hardly believe those out there in shorts, though.

CNYrunner - can you send us a copy of the article?

Holly---Happy to do so when I receive my copy. Marj is referring to a letter to the editor I co-authored with a teammate and that section of NE Runner isn't available on-line that I can see. I'll scan it and post once it arrives.  We were expressing dismay over the fact that one of the top finishers (and an Olympian) in a fall xc championship race was noted as the girlfriend of one of the finishers in the men's race that day. Never mind that she is as accomplished (or more so) in her own right and for her athletic pursuits, not because she is someone's girlfriend. This happens to female athletes all the time---somehow we have more credibility when linked to a boyfriend, husband, or partner? I think not! (Hear the Helen Reddy song playing in the background?!)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Real quick one--just 5.5 miles on the treadmill, tonight, before rushing off to take some food to my step-son.

Okay--that's really all I have time for.  See ya!

SteveP

Getting readjusted to MI weather after spending a week with Dad in FL. Tag and I went and put a few miles in on top of snowmobile tracks. From the cycling days, I recall them being pretty stable when it's been this cold. The dog was wound up every way possible. On the occasions he left the hard packed tracks, he'd sink up to his chin in the snow.

SteveP