Masters Running

Thursday, 9.three.15 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' kids.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around what it would be like if Tet and Steve had a conversation. However, I'd like to be there!

Frost?? Are we talking about David? No frost near here, but similar to what WC saw, I noticed on the way to the office yesterday that the leaves on some of the maples are clearly going orange and red.

6.6 easy but still sweaty RW miles this morning in 66 muggy degrees under unclear skies.

I went for a massage last evening, and am still sore from where she worked some knots out of my shoulder. But I'm so glad I went! And I'm excited that I have a meeting-free day today!

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

YAY JAY - for both the massage and a meeting free day!!

4.6 easy miles this morning with some Sole Sisters!!  Followed it with a short strength session - I'm determined to get more disciplined with strength workouts - think my body definitely needs it!!

Have a wonderful Thursday my friends!!

denise

SteveP

Mornin' kids.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around what it would be like if Tet and Steve had a conversation. However, I'd like to be there!

Frost?? Are we talking about David? No frost near here, but similar to what WC saw, I noticed on the way to the office yesterday that

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

As long as everyone around us is truthful about the ingredients in ice cream, the conversation should be fairly normal.

SteveP

BlazinCajun

Good morning all - perchcreek (Steve) is amazing. If you didn't get a chance to read his update, it is on page 57 of: http://runeveryday.com/news/archive/TSR59Fall2015.pdf

There are many good stories in the document as well including a fellow who's streak ended at 43+ years.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Carolyn!

August was good at 332.3 miles

YTD: 2664.9

I passed 5 years of running everyday on Aug 18th

and graduated from "Neophyte" to "Proficient" in the USRSA (run everyday.com)!!  (8.3 miles/day avg)

also had my first 100 mile week ever!

Enjoyed a quick five miler this morning with another scheduled with my daughters this evening. Hope everyone has a great day!

Andrew
          ------------------
          God, my Lord, is my strength;
          he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
          and enables me to go upon the heights.
          Hb 3:19

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Great running, training all.

Another predawn humid 6 mile run in the 70's today.  To make it a true throwback Thursday, I ran in short racing shorts.

Kidding.  The back story is that this week while digging through  my running shorts drawer on Monday setting up for Tuesday's predawn run, I came across 2 pairs of short racing shorts. One was a "joke" fathers day gift from the kids and the other a "sale" item my DW picked up not realizing they were shorter than usual.

To be truthful, I haven't worn shorts with that short an inseam [2-3 inches] since the late 80's.  But because of the "heat wave" this week and just for fun I decided to wear/try them both this week.  I figured that no one would notice me on a dark predawn run with the exception of the occasional car.

Unexpectedly I found that I actually like running in them better than the longer inseam shorts.  So even though this started as a WTH  idea, chances are these shorts may become a routine gear/apparel item.  Just not sure if the rest of the world is ready. 

Later folks.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

As long as the elastic in the liner is still strong, we're fine with it.

4 miles around the lake this morning.  Not quite J o'clock, but almost a half hour earlier than normal, so i could get to work to finish up some deadline stuff.  It was cooler, but the temp and humidity seemed to go up dramatically the closer I got to the lake.  Drippy day.

friday night in Maine is supposed to be 48° and I'm looking forward to running Saturday morning.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

As long as the elastic in the liner is still strong, we're fine with it.

Early morning meeting cut my exercise short.

2 easy-paced miles and about 25 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77 it has been that way around my place too.  Cooler in the morning but the dew point is still pretty high.

Holly S. you sure have been busy as of late!

wildchild I guess I am half surprised you are just talking about leaves turning and not snow falling!    You live in way too cold a spot for me!

Mike E that does not sound good.  Take care of yourself.  Maybe give your body a couple of weeks rest.

evanflein if you put on red shoes and click your heels twice I hear your good weather will stick around.  

SteveP another busy person around here!  Also, good idea to keep away from the skunks!

BlazinCajun I remember way back when I did doubles.  Nice when you have someone to run at least one of them with.

Got up.  Did a few test situps.  Decided that while nothing hurt (for once!) it did not feel entirely right either.  To fracture an old saying, better to elliptical today and live to run faster another day.  That is what I did, or at least did the former half.  We will have to wait and see about the latter.  

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Aamos, happy birthday to your husband.  C-R, congrats to your son for doing so well in his XC meet.  Holly, glad to hear you are making progress in beating back your cold.  Also glad your son is off to a good start at college.  However, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's allergy problems.  At this time of the year my wife suffers with the same condition and it's tough watching someone go through it.  perch sure has an amazing streak.

Nice long runs for wild, Mike, and evan.  Good job on the speedwork for Aamos.

This morning, it was in the mid 60s, almost calm, and humid.  I did 5 miles at an 11:09 pace.  I was especially beat afterwards but my overall pace was much less slow than usual and each mile was faster than the one before it.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya, just whisking by to say hey.  And I'm glad I did, as it's a MTG free day for our leader, hoo-ray to the 84th power!

DH is adjusting to being 60.  Sorta.  Of course, I have him in a race soon so he can reap the benefits of a new AG; way to embrace it, right?

Just 6 for me this am.  Thinking about more bridges and meeting Speedsters half way tonight.

We had a really exciting morning yesterday.  Those of us out before dawn thought maybe we were seeing UFOs, but no, it was a rocket launch.  Pretty amazing, especially until we got home to find out what was going on.  Here's something of an explanation from a local weather guy.

“(The rocket) got into the sunlight that was coming up over the horizon and that just illuminated the gasses,” Deskins said.

Before we see the sun rise, it traverses half the globe. When the Atlas V rocket took off, it broke through and hit the horizon way before we could see sunlight on the ground. The water vapor and gasses from right at that horizon point swirling and reflecting sunlight down to us early creating the dazzling display of lights and blue hues..

“It was perfect. it was a perfect setup to really illuminate those gasses to show us what was there,” Deskins said. “It makes you feel like a kid again when that happens.”

635768133897249197-atlas

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh, brother, Amy--are you really buying all that?  That is a UFO if I ever saw one...

C-R

Quick drive by. Nice pic Amy.

Got 6 at lunch and some track this evening to relieve some work stress. man it was hot and humid.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Wheee, fun reading the last couple of days here.  DG made me laugh twice, SteveP does excellent work teaching the Art of Silly, and perchcreek celebrates the 5 year mark.  Excellent!

I'm doing fine without caffeine so far.  I miss it at work, as I associate it with working as I stand at my desk.  I'm still running every day, but just little 1-milers this week because I sense I'm tired.  I walk about 8 miles a day in addition to that.

On Tuesday's big hike with my son Ben, I used the RunForth app to look at the shape of our hike in progress, and was able to tell that Ben & I were indeed headed the right way.  This has happened 2x now on hikes -- so nice to have another use for my running app!

I can't wait for my (& Ben's) trip to Michigan next week!  Yay!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

that would be jack jay and not the jack in steve's squat I like so much.

However, I'm with mike on amy's ufo.

Must have been overwhelming to see.

Steve - that's the kind PR to live for, passing 222 triathletes on your way from 297th place out of 300 after the swim to a splendid 75th overall finish.  Too bad it wasn't a little longer distance one and you'd've had time to work your way up to first place for sure, at least that's what we like to think.  No excuse is too feeble to think we would've done better.

With the air temperature at sixty-four and the lake at sixty-eight degrees, I decided to go for a swim and think a little more about the 10-mile longest training run in more than ten years I can get out of my brain reading what everyone else is doing. Maybe I'll end up at Saturday's freebie marathon after all.

have fun in the Wolverine State, econie, ... . .lucky

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Oh, brother, Amy--are you really buying all that?  That is a UFO if I ever saw one...

True dat.

What part of MI, Econo??

SteveP