Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E OCT 5TH (Read 376 times)

Sorry the tallies were so late this week... Dark Horse- 30 miles + situps,pushups,weights and elliptical...gearing up for something??? dg- 25.3 miles + 6 walking and weights...another nice week Dutchie-20.2K...nothing measly about that eliz-3.1 miles + .6 walk +2.5 hours kayaking...stronger arms than me I bet evanflein-33 miles + 1.35 walk...sorry,can't count the sitting evryday-16 miles...must be the fall air you like fatozzig-28.5 miles + 1 hour core...good on ya lyndenrunner-23 miles...slacker nowor-17.5 miles + stuff...pies count for double pfriese-36.6 miles...great job Paul tetsujin-resting between marathons
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-4@8:08 Tue-Rest Wed-5@8:06 Thur-5@7:34 Fri-4@8:10 Sat-Work Sun-6@7:54 Total=24 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Dutchie42

Hi Gordon, thanks for starting the thread! Mon... 20min lb w/o and 30min ub w/o plus abs and bike commute (13K). Am assuming this will do instead of a recovery run. Tue... 6.5K in the rain this morning. Legs were unwilling Confused Wed.. Thu... Fri.... Sat... Sun.. Totals?

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: 8 miles on the treadmill Tuesday: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 30 leg curls, 30 leg extensions, 50 wrist barbell curls, 2 miles on the elliptical Wednesday: 8 miles on the treadmill Thursday: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 30 leg curls, 30 leg extensions, 50 wrist barbell curls, 2 miles on the elliptical Friday: 8 miles on the treadmill Saturday: 100 situps, 30 squats, 30 leg curls, 30 leg extensions, 1 mile on the elliptical Sunday: 8 miles cross-country, 100 pushups, 1 mile on the elliptical. Totals: 32 miles running, pushups, situps, weights, elliptical Dark Horse
          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          dg.

thanks Gordon! mon. 45 min. prehab, 1 mile walk, 1.3 mile hilly run. (actual) tues. still figuring out the plan for this week. i plan on tuesday still being tuesday, so far. actiual: 4.6 miles, 10:13 average pace. Dutchie, so were mine! 2 sets of 15 on weight machines (9 things) & stab. ball, the usual. wed. actual: 45 min. assorted things I haven't done in a while. callanetics, etc. thurs. actual: 4.61 miles, 9:41 average pace. the usual weight machines & stability ball workout with some extras this time. oww. (one more oww) Leslie... good luck! fri. actual. I had an early dentist appt. so had to cut my workout short. 3.86 miles, 9:45 a.p. 4 sort of striders, max pace 6:22. no time for weight machines or anything else. sat. actual. I went to the gym to make up for Friday. I don't like it there Saturday! at least in the afternoon. anyway. 1.something miles to warm up, 3 sets on the weight machines, ventured into the free weight area while i was waiting for a machine & tried a new thing. then upstairs for the stab. ball set, then ran 2 more laps just because i wanted to. This was a little bit of an experiment, I'll see tomorrow how this effected my "long run". (it's all relative) Wink sun. actual. results of experiment: i was tired! 9.43 miles, 9.33 average pace. 1 mile walk. totals. 25.1 miles. just like last week Roll eyes. 5 1/2 mile walk. and other stuff.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Gordon - zero last week but 26.2 miles already this week. th\anks for the carbo-sendoff for Jura's first marathon. I was hoping the last two week's taper would permit a sub-5.5 in the belly mary but nailed it by running with jura for the first couple of miles to follow her run/walk strategy the rest of the way. Back to normal for this week. Smile \ Sunday (9/29) - 26.2 miles (5:23) Monday (9/30) - taper Tuesday (10/1) - taper Wednesday (10/2) - taper Thursday (10/3) - taper Frinday (10/4) - taper Saturday (10/5) - taper =============== Upcoming Sunday (10/5) - Issaquah Rotary 10K Salmon Run <>enke/enke)>>> beautiful boardwalk near finish.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tet that view looks much better than what I saw there last year! Would love to do that race again in nicer conditions. Thanks, Gordon, for keeping this thread going. I never seem to do much XT besides walking, but I guess that's ok. Monday: XT in the garden! Late end-of-season cleanup before winter hits. Tuesday: 6 miles at lunchtime Wednesday: 8 mile MP run on the treadmill, .66 mile walk Thursday: 5 mile lunchtime run Friday: Rest day Saturday: 7.2 progressive pacing run on the treadmill, .66 mile walk Sunday: 14 miles, 8:19 avg pace, slicky snowy icy run Totals...40.2 miles run, almost 2 miles walking, garden/yard work
                  Hi everyone - My taper starts this week for the Bizz Johnson Rails to Trails Marathon on Oct 12. It's a Boston qualifier, so I looked up the time in which I would have to finish - just about laughed myself off the couch! Ha! Wink Mon - 3 miles @ 10:18 ap Tues - 10 1-min intervals w/1 min of recovery between each, 1.85 miles. Averagesl: 7:18, 7:01, 7:33, 7:07, 7:46, 7:35, 7:56, 7:12, 6:49, 7:05. I did a heck of a lot better than I thought! Wed - Rest Thurs - 8 3-min intervals w/1.5 min recovery walk/jog: 8:04/7:05, 7:49/6:52, 8:25/7:46, 8:01/7:00, 8:40/6:57, 8:19/5:44, 8:44/7:39, 8:01/6:44 Total Miles/Av Pace: 3.66/9:51 (includes recovery time) Fri - 8 miles in 1:25:01 = 10:38 ap Plus a 1-hour MAT session. Ouch! Sat - 8.19 miles i 1:30 - 11:00 ap Last long run before marathon Sun - Rest

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks Lyndenrunner! Mon....rest..................done Tues...4 miles...............4 miles done Wed...4 miles...............nothing Thurs..nada.................nothing Frid....4 miles...............nothing Sat.... rest..................6 miles...it's a dangerous game, but I'm trying to play catch up. Sun... 6 miles................6 miles Total....16 miles
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    nowor

This week was Work Off Pies (so I can have more!) M-3 +2 T-strength training and core/ball classes W-7.5 mi, started wet Thur-core/ball class AM; yoga PM Fri-5.5 windy flat mi S-yoga Lovely week
                        Overcome by inertia this week, to the point that I didn't even bother checking in until today. Sad Kayaked 2 hours on Tuesday and just walked 4 miles today. Hopefully today's walk will help this body to stay in motion. Roll eyes Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

Thanks lyndenrunner, Mon - rest day done Tue - 9.4 miles running - done Wed - 6.4 miles running - done Thu - rest day - done Fri - 7.0 miles running - done Sat - rest day - done Sun - Half marathon - done _______________________________________________ Total - 35.9 miles running - Done Paul
                            Dark Horse- 30 miles + situps,pushups,weights and elliptical...gearing up for something???
                            lyndenrunner, I am trying to build up to 40 mpw. No special reason, except that it seems to be the gold standard around here, and it's a nice round number. Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.