Masters Running

Monday June 15 Runs and Other Assorted Activities (Read 33 times)

tetsujin209 you are right. Next week is this week. I sent the note on Sunday and that led me to think of this week as next week. Sorry that we are going to miss each other.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

No runs or workouts for me Sunday or Monday because of work and EPIC stress, but now off for a glorious 6 days!!  Hope I don't forget everything I just learned for EPIC tho!! I took a vacation day this week to be ready for my 1st 70.3 and plan to ignore the vortex messages looking for extra help all week - I've done enough OT the last couple of weeks since this started and am really looking forward to the break!

Great gardens here -- wish I had a green thumb!

Beautiful pics Marj!!

Happy Tuesday night friends!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Question... have any of you had occasion to try to repair a hydration bladder?  My 2L Ultaspire reservoir sprung a pin hole leak a couple of weeks back, making my LR a rather soggy-assed affair. DH wants to use his Aquaseal fishing wader sealant on them, but am a bit concerned about toxics leaching into the pack.

I  think it should be safe once cured--not a lot of surface area.  but I think I'd find out how much a new one cost, just to be sure.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Another quick post right before heading to bed...

My plan called for a 5K race, today...so, I ran 3 miles to the track--where I met a kid who used to be on the high school cc team and is now getting ready for his senior season at Minnesota State Mankato--and he paced me for a 5K in 19:07--I struggled like crazy as he leisurely guided me around the track....then I ran 3 miles back home.  Total--9.1 miles in 1:06:32.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Gorgeous day in Seattle today. It is too bad I was packed away in a room for training, but I am thankful  for the training content I am receiving.  After training I had Thai food at my favorite restaurant in Pike and  2nd then walked to the the hotel  to do some homework. I will meet up with taper boy for a run later. Life is good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Lovely run today in the misty rain

Marj – beautiful pics of France

Gardening … I have some lemon thyme, but also depend on the farmer’s market for my goodies. Although, I do like the idea of a couple of tomato plants in pots.

Denise – I have heard that your transition to EPIC has been, well … epic. Hopefully this will all settle down soon.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

evanflein

Have fun in Seattle, Mariposai!

Love the garden talk, everyone! I'm struggling with germination problems with my carrots, beans and butter crunch lettuce. I've never had that happen before.

5.4 trail miles today, temps were around 75° for most of the run but felt hotter in the direct sun. Took me a long time to cool down after my shower... wet and sweaty for the first hour after my run.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too two cat.

I've seen many beautiful sunsets along the Seattle waterront over the years but,  for some reasono, tonight's views were the most beautiful of all, . . . except when some old guy got in the way.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

I took a vacation day this week to be ready for my 1st 70.3

Denise - you are amazing!  For those of us who don't know, can you explain a little about the different Ironman races?  Also - what is EPIC?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Love the garden talk, everyone! I'm struggling with germination problems with my carrots, beans and butter crunch lettuce. I've never had that happen before.

Old seeds, perhaps?  I find some varieties of lettuce seeds are no good on the second year, while some keep for 3-4.  Even had an older pack of peas not come up this year, when I thought those lasted a long time.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!