Masters Running

Happy Birthday, Dark Horse! (Read 383 times)

#artbydmcbride

You can click on options up in the right hand corner and fix how you input your birthdate. And good luck, there aren't any fast guys in the 50 to 54 year old division, you should bring home lots of hardware. Big grin

Runners run

wildchild

Carolyn

I've placed first in my AG twice since I turned 50 - it's fun! One was a 5K put on as a benefit for an elementary school PTA - I figured there wouldn't be many 50-something women with elementary-aged kids. Cool The other was my first half marathon, where I was 1st out of 4 in my AG. So I hope you enjoy your new age group, and it doesn't matter that you haven't been training much. But I still won't wish you Happy Birthday till tomorrow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, Okay, it's here! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARK HORSE!! Wow, and on a Saturday, too, and a 3-day weekend - how cool is that?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy Birthday DH! Welcome to the other side. PDR

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu kurouma-san with many great memories of your Seattle Marathon surprise. thanks for makin' it one of the best. The beauty of new AG'ing is, with more and more compatriots on the sidelines wtih overuse injuries and ennui, you can even do less training and still have fun and good exercise.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

WooHoo, Happy Birthday Old Horse! You know, you don't look 50, what's your secret??

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Happy birthday, DH. I hope it's and enjoyable one. TomS
                  It's official - no more 40 something for you. Will there be cake??? Big grin Have a great day, DH Jeanne

Hill Runner

DH...Happy Birthday! I'm glad to see that you're back, I am always in the mood for a good yarn.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

TheSaint

Happy Birthday DH. Welcome to the dark side.