Masters Running

Monday After The Weekend Runs Aug 11 (Read 347 times)

Thanks for all the well wishes folks! It's raining too hard for our anniversary hike, but we have contingency plans. It's all good Wink. Just stepping back in to wish Deez/Denise good luck. Hang in there. I had a needle guided one a few years ago---chunk of tissue gone, twilight anesthesia--the whole deal, but the news was good for now. I'll hope for the same for you and be there holding your hand in spirit. Ribs, when you feel a disturbance in the force on Friday, you'll know my plane has landed on your turf. Ciao for real now Karin

I Can Go The Distance

8 easy miles for me this morning. I went out at 5:30 am and the weather was perfect. I did 4 miles on the road and 4 miles at the track. My time was 1:17:18 (9:40 pace). Looking forward to my track workout tomorrow. Have a great day everyone. Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Great workout Bruce! You are going to do so well at that Jet to Jetty race Smile Very tired this weekend. Hope to get out for a 5 mile trail run later today and reward myself with Fig Newtons. Evil grin Was it just me or did those Chinese women gymnasts look 12 years old? Heck, the 20 year old one looked 15. I'm just jealous, I suppose.
        evanflein

heheh, Tramps. Well, I do argue with it. Stoopid foot feels good sometimes and doesn't other times, seemingly irrespective of whatever I've been doing mileage or pace-wise. Just doesn't seem to make much sense and I'm tired of it. Happy Anniversary, Karin! Hope your contingency plan is as good as or better than the hike... Drom, I agree. I think 12 is pushing it for a couple of those girls... Denise, good luck to you on the biopsy. I've had two, same side, clean bill both times. But now I go in for diagnostic mammograms and ultrasounds on that side... seems like overkill, but glad I have good insurance. I'm hoping yours turns out just fine; most of them do. Soccer tournament starts this week with games daily at 4, DS2 gets his braces on Wednesday, vendor coming up for dinner tonight and meetings tomorrow, oral presentations for another RFP process we're doing on Thursday, DH goes to Denver early Thursday morning... and it's another high mileage week for me with my second 20 miler on Sunday. Oy. And I want to get a short little run in at lunchtime because it's... (cue the drumroll please) NOT raining!! Let's see how long that holds... Busy week ahead, hope I can get it all done...
          Mariposai

Around here " Nap-intervals a-la-Busiman Tongue, but I did ride my bike to work again today, so I feel like I earned that nap-intervals. Big grin After the long weekend of partying and entertaining friends I really need a nap today. DS#1 turned 20 yesterday and DH and I celebrated our 23rd love-versary. So…partying we did. Lots of Latin rhythm dancing and great food. I am hoping to catch up later tonight with what when on around here over the weekend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

thanks Karin and Erika!! just a quick update before i try to nap - slept awful last night in a yucky motel so need a little rest before working tonight thursday 6.5 miles up at OOB - felt strong, overcast day sunday 7.1 miles - Falmouth Road Race - sunny, hot, humid - felt not so great - time 1:10:13 monday 3.3 miles treadmill - then there foolish smoke alarms were malfunctioning and kept going off - the noise was going right thru me -- couldnt wait to get out of there!!

denise

5 miles in the rain then 200 m pool swim
                evanflein

Happy Love-versary, Mariposai! Hugs to you and Paul! Got 4.6 miles done at a more-or-less easy pace, considering the hills. And the sun was shining! Temps a little cool but nice for running. I'll take it! Getting ready to start the soccer tournament, DS2's first game is at 4 pm...!
                    Monday - 5.02 miles - 41:43 (8:18) - Avg 123 Max HR 139 - 64 degrees & 88 % Humidity. This was a nice relatively easy run, I went out slowly and picked it up steadily to the end finishing confortably. 8:55 - 8:32 - 8:14 - 8:08 - 7:42 - 10 DickyG - thanks for making me chuckle. Denise - I'll be there and hope to see you, good luck either way! Big grin

Hill Runner

Good evening everyone, I finally completed my week-long "Jury Duty" saga in Criminal Court this morning...we ended up with a "mistrial" as we needed a unanimous decision but ended up deadlocked with an 11-1 verdict. It was an interesting case involving alleged sexual child abuse that occurred 4-9 years ago....and yes, I can talk about it now. The case will most likely not be retried and I will say that it was an interesting learning experience.... Getting back to running.... 8.05 miles of hills @ 8:52 pace on a warm 80F evening.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Welcome to everybody the day after the weekly celebration of international long run day! The Jogger after 17 miles of hills over the weekend your legs get to announce they are tired. Holly S. I saw in the Sunday thread you pulled out a 4 mile run! Congratulations! Like everybody else I am wishing you well and no further injuries or (more importantly) re-injuries. CNYrunner Happy anniversary! Too bad about the rain on your 12 miler this morning. Hopefully you will have better weather the rest of the week. That, at least, is the forecast here a bit south of you. biketm good news on the heel! perchcreek even you are entitled to a day off. Don't let Tramps bully you! Wink Tramps (Private message to Tramps nobody else read: Way to go on ribbing perchcreek!) Nice little run for you today. Hope you get the rain you need. SueT48 Nice double digit trail run yesterday sounds like it was very enjoyable. But, those 7 TM miles today! Yech! Tongue Dave59 that donut has to go! Even post-dinner I now want one all because of you! Big grin Oh yea, nice intervals too. lyndenrunner nice recovery run after yesterday's 20 miler. DickyG good 5 mile run today and thank you for the note of encouragement. Still, I have to give the years a good battle! HandyMom I hope the new shoes work out and help with the legs. Spareribs just keep on truckin! deez4boyz I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the biopsy results. 3.3 TM miles made worse! Yech and yech again! My deepest sympathies. tselbs nice double digit run. BCMorant looking forward to a track workout?! Shocked Wow you are a better man than I am! Good luck with it though. dromedary umm, fig newtons. See what Dave59 has done to me! evanflein not raining?! Next thing you will tell us the temperatures are above freezing! Big grin Good luck with your next 20 miler on Sunday. Nice 4+ mile hill run today. Mariposai Happy anniversary. Also I want to announce to the board that we are happy to see Mariposai's arrival in the 40/40 thread! mirko as usual nice run and swim. mainerunnah good easy run today after yesterday's 12+ at a very impressive set of paces! Now for my less than daily report As part of my, "I am going to get back my speed from last year the body be damned updated training schedule," I went off for 15 miles today determined to do 5 at tempo pace. My thought was to do the first 9 as a "warm up" and then 5 at HM pace, followed by a 1 mile stagger back to my house. The first 9 went as planned. Wink The next 5 . . . well I did manage to run them at marathon pace so that is not so bad at this point. We will see how this works out going forward. My other goal is to work on getting my DW to run this weekend's 8.44 mile race. If I succeed it will be her longest race ever! I am going to need a LOT of luck to pull this one off!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Good evening to all masters! Some really good runs out there. Congrats to those anniversary couples! 3 easy miles for me. 10:08 pace. The temp was a cool 83F! Now that's what I'm talking about!
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          Mariposai

My other goal is to work on getting my DW to run this weekend's 8.44 mile race. If I succeed it will be her longest race ever! I am going to need a LOT of luck to pull this one off!
                            Wish you tons of luck twocat...I think she can...I think she can....I kNOW she can... Tongue as far as your marathon training goes I wish you sense. Just listen to your body an let the training come to you. 4 eze hilly miles for me after work. It was hot, but I loved the sun on my skin as if I was letting the sun kiss my arms and face as I was running.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Happy Love-versary to Mariposai and DH...
                              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip