Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 9.11.12 (Read 418 times)

Lots of great runs here today!!! It must be the cooler weather.

I had a normal 3 miles tonight  9:30ish pace. I am getting the bug to start up some kind of faster paced stuff but have told myself to stick to my schedule I just need a lot of base miles right now.

Excited and envious of Hollys Marathon coming up.

Excited and envious of Posies Marathon PR

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Bushrat Runner

Oh yes, I want to add that after reading over and over again about the spectacular scenery rhoon phast sees daily (plus the really cool flying all over thing) I am adding him to my list of people that I hate.  Angry  No really.  See how serious I am.  AngryAngry <===Two little mad faces! That is how serious.  Then again winter will hit and then . . . heh, heh, heh.  Then I can pull him from my list!  Big grin

Wait til you see the runs I have planned for the winter. You'll either think I'm crazy or really crazy...if they work out...

No run for me today, short on sleep, going to go sag into an afternoon nap...

Marathon Maniac #957

Yeah, keep telling that to yourself and your DH.  (yet another one turns to the Dark Side. he he he he  )

Ha ha, so true!  You are a convert now!  Like childbirth, the pain will diminish in your memory and soon you will begin to think, "I can to this again.".....and you CAN, and you WILL, because you have already climbed this mountain and it won't scare you so much now.  Congratulations - Ultra Marathoner!

DD scored 2 of her team's 4 goals tonight, one of them from almost halfway across the field.  That child has quite a kick in her.  Waiting for DS to arrive home from his away game now.   Trying to decide what to pack.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Trying to decide what to pack.....

just pretend it's going to be an early winter run.

<<<(gloves/gloves)>>>

<<<(wool socks)>>>

Erika will get you more if it's more.

<<<(bunnyboots)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bushrat Runner

Twocat...my wife has settled the question...she says I'm really crazy and wanted me to let you know...

I have an old Cat Stevens songbook.  I used to play it on the piano.

I slept in this morning so went for my run this evening.  Had just gone right around the corner when I [almost said "pulled an Enke" but you haven't done this in a while] fell.  Scraped my knee so came back, cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and went back out for 6 miles.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody! 

I went on a run and enjoyed the "windchill".  It was 97o but with a 27 mph wind, it felt like 94.  Actually, if I hadn't seen the temperature, I would have never guessed it was that hot.  10.1 miles in 1:17:23.  It's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow.

Okay--that's it.  Gotta go to bed.  See ya!   

Mariposai

Twocat...my wife has settled the question...she says I'm really crazy and wanted me to let you know...

hahah...at least we have one spouse who is out spoken who finally is willing to tell us all the truth...we are CRAZY and we love it!!!

Ohhh Troy, don't worry about twocat's AngryAngry....he is easily pacified with some smoke salmon.

Taperboy, you trouble maker, are you running the tunnel light?

MikeE, great run with the windchill factor and all.

Hallar, it is so great having you back running and posting. 

Spareribs, thanks for sharing parts of the memorial service with us. I was all choked up reading about it.

Ohhh, I am so exited about Holly and her Alaska trip!!! I wish I could be there, but I guess in heart and spirit I will be there Joking

Hurray!!! heme is an ultra sister!!!! there no back from here sistahhh...you just have to get used to your new ultra girl skin Big grin.

Well, week post marathon is normally a rest week for me, which is nice since we have a "dangerous air alarm" in our area from the dept. of ecology. We have forest fires going all around us, don't worry, they are all about 50 miles away from us, but nonetheless the air is bad for people like me, who has asthma and other respiratory disorders (so bad that my doctor wants me to get out of town, but I can't right now). So, after a monster work day, I had a hot date with my sweetie at the gym, which was shortened by a call from the radio station who wanted me to go there to air the "danger air" alert in my native tongue for my fellow Spanish speakers, which I did. 

A request, please take a deeeppppppp breath for me....I can't right now!Roll eyes

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Congratulations on the ultra accomplishment, Heme! And so nice to see you here. I haven't been over at KR for ages, but used to check in there every now and then. Should go over and say hi to ksrunr and Johnny.

Sorry about the forest fires, Mariposai. I think we're done with ours for the year. We had that one pesky fire on military land across the river that was "minimal suppression" zone, meaning they just keep tabs on it but don't do anything about it. Not a big deal till the wind shifted and brought all the smoke our way. A couple weeks of cool rainy weather helped take care of that though, and I think we can relax till May now. Nice job on your race, young lady!

{{Ribs}} nice memorial for Joe. But it still sucks.

Loved the pictures, Troy. I just love this state.

I'm really out of touch... can't remember much but I just skimmed the daily. I'd been in Phoenix since Sunday for a conference. Left early afternoon and now am in Anchorage, waiting for my flight home at 11:15. This trip is a little worse than Holly's will be, actually, even though she's coming a little farther. And yes, it will be so very cool to have her come out and run the Equinox with me! Looking forward to it, and it's even better now that the weather looks like it'll cooperate. There's been so much construction on campus that the start was looking pretty bad, but it's supposed to be all smoothed out and (if not rainy) in pretty good shape. Keep your fingers crossed!

I didn't run Sunday or Monday. Was going to on Monday, but had a 7 a.m. session and just couldn't get up early enough. Oh well. Got up today and ran 6.5 miles, longer than planned but missed my turn off to the hotel and had to double back. Got caught in sprinkles, too, that turned to a pretty heavy rain after I got back. Whew! Timing is everything.