Masters Running

It's Saturday--where is everyone? 10.03.15 (Read 32 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congratulations moebo.

don't let it bother you.

you did great

I remember when I vowed to quit running

if it ever took more than five hours to run 26.2 miles.

Speaking of marathons, I hope - and know - it is nobody but, in case anyone has six-and-a-half to seven or more hours with nothing do to tomorrow there's always spending the day tracking race number 8664 in the Portland Marathon athlete tracking.  <<<(that would be me)>>>

portlandmarathon.org

Will there be a live tracking feature on the website?

Yes, there will be live chip-timed tracking on the web site on event weekend.

For an even better tracking experience, use the RaceIT App for GPS tracking on your mobile device.

Download the App for Best Tracking Experience for You & Your Friends!

The Portland Marathon has teamed up with RaceIT to offer participants and spectators an excellent race tracking experience.

Participants can track their progress on the course, see how far they are from the next aid station, average pace and estimated finish.

Spectators can see the runner’s position on the course in a map view and track their location and estimated finish! Here’s how it works:

Step 1: Download the App to your mobile device –

The RaceIT App can be found in the app store for both iPhone and Android users, just search “RaceIT”

Step 2: In the App, select the event – Search Portland Marathon 2015 or Portland Marathon Half 2015

Step 3: Click “Track” and allow yourself to be tracked! Enter your bib number and click “generate PIN.”

This will send you a unique pin to your email. You can then forward this to anyone who you want to be able to track you.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Moebo - Any marathon that you finish, upright and uninjured, is a victory!  Even if you didn't make your time goals (and queasiness is tough on a runner), you lived to run another day.  Congratulations - you completed a marathon!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...moebo//............you Run with What You Got that day..............

ya done good.

===========

eta-

YAY twocat//.............now we just need to fix the other 90% of you.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....