Masters Running

Back To The Future Wednesday, 10.21.15 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just a quick walk-by this morning:

Aamos, I should have known that you would have run and won an indoor marathon! You're an RA goddess, wicked smaat, and a fantastic runner - but you're a little nuts too...

I drove to work under grey skies this morning, but even with that subdued light, the fall colors of the trees this year are nothing short of magnificent. I love this place! Of course, it will be a different story when all those leaves are on the ground in a week or two...

No workout this morning: I'm taking a butt rest.

Despite the fact that I checked email last night, I have 26 new messages this morning, most dealing with our 5K on Saturday, or the half marathon on Nov. 8. That's why I have to move along, so

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sayhey! MM#130

And I'm going to be in the town that has renamed itself in honor of Back to the Future Day: https://www.restonnow.com/2015/10/06/heres-why-reston-will-turn-into-hill-valley-in-october/

Great story on your former student, moebo.

Say, it was still 69 at 6:30 this am!  (OK, by 6:33 it was 70, but still, so good!)  So I did a little over 8.

Speedsters helped pull me out of my mood last night.  Friends are the best.

"Fresh Air" last night was very interesting, if you like birds.  Especially the bit about the lyre bird, from Austrailia.  It can sound like a car alarm, a camera, and a chain saw.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

moebo

Hey there!

I loved the Back to the Future movies. Had a big crush on Michael J. Fox for a while there...

Aamos, on my local NPR station Fresh Air is on at noon, so I usually miss it. But I will definitely try to catch that one. I see on the website that it's only 37 minutes, so I may be able to fit it in tonight. Thanks!

Got in 5 this morning before work. Great weather again. I really love running these days.

During my warm-up mile a guy turned out of a side street about 20 yards in front of me. I hoped he would pull ahead quickly, but he didn't. I ended up speeding way up to pass him when I probably should have just kept along at my own pace. Then I felt like I had to maintain that pace as long as I knew he was still pretty close behind. So I did about a mile and a half much faster than I really wanted to. I wonder why I do that.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks amy.
          With afternoon programming being replaced by three hours of BBC news,

our local pbs doesn’t have “Fresh Air” anymore, . . .

but that’s okay, neither does Seattle.

Nice math from holly and nice catch-up with  moebo's student too.

I used to change all the math and other teachers' examples

to various interest areas at the time, skiing, fish, etc.

Morning temperatures slipped below 50 down to 49-degrees

for a perfect long-sleeve 5.00 mile cycle commute.

Should be just as perfect for running under golden-yellow fall colors tomorrow.
          ps - too perfect an idea too to twocat.

However, in addition to technical shorts, shirt and socks

plus running sneakers, would I need a digital device or two too

to wear as a possible running ensemble costume for Halloween?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Got out for a less than spectacular 3.7 miles this morning. Not much energy.

The President is coming to Charleston WV today so I stayed home to work today. No sense bumping into changed traffic patterns or closed roads. Plus, the Secret Service was probably pleased I stayed home. 

This is about the tenth time that it was supposedly the date from Back to the Future. I guess this time it is for real. In the past, people photo-shopped the date display and set off false stories. Every time it happened it would set off a bunch of people sharing it on Facebook.

........... So I did about a mile and a half much faster than I really wanted to. I wonder why I do that.

'cause you Train to do that//...........back when I was running at The Track

I'd have a runner half a lap in front of me,

next thing I knew,

I'd be matching his stride,

then drafting off him,

then pass him and still be doing laps when he went back to the car.

We're Wired That Way.

============

but not me anymore

..60-min HH walk, partially NOT with the cane,,,,,,,,,,getting there

PoolRun tomorrow

......................good running guys................Stay Wired

ETA-

am watching

''Remember The Titans''

for the umpteenth time,

,,,,,,,,,watch it if you've never seen the movie

we integrated

our school in the 60's

and had The Longest Winning Streak in Kentucky Football History (at that time)

>>>>>that movie gave me a lot of Flash-Backs

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

DD finished up the volleyball season with GWOK tournaments last Saturday.  Then Monday and Tuesday evenings were Open Gym sessions for the 7th and 8th grade girls who will be trying out for the basketball team.  Tryouts are next Monday-Wednesday (if you make the cuts) with the first practice next Thursday.  This gives me a whole 5 days off from the various game and practice transports before the next season begins.    I asked DD, "Any chance you won't make the basketball team so we could have a season off?"  She just rolled her eyes at me.

I hope I didn't jinx her.....

35 minutes of P90X Legs and Back this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

......................good running guys................Stay Wired

Of course, the first time i read this, I thought it said weird.  Who'd have thought that from TW.

5 miles in short sleeves this morning.  20 ° warmer than Sunday.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Love back to the future movies.

6 great miles with the Easy Pacer after work. With his new job we can only run together 3 times a week now. We cherish every mile.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

tetsujin209 nice additions!

I have been really busy today. Work, running 6 miles (yippee!), cooking and packing. Tomorrow DW and I leave to cheer on her sister at the USDAA national dog trials. So far her sister and her dog pack are doing well.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...........back when I was running at The Track

I'd have a runner half a lap in front of me,

next thing I knew,

I'd be matching his stride,

then drafting off him,

then pass him and still be doing laps when he went back to the car.

no wonder I never liked running at the track.

I always liked back-to-the-future but didn't know it was today 10-21-2015.

neat. just like when it became 1984.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

moebo

"The baseball globe spins differently now. It obeys the whims of a blue-and-orange team with a hapless history marked by spikes of the amazing. This is the latest, and it is overwhelming in its totality."

--Tyler Kepner

NY Times, Oct 22, 2015

Before I head out this morning, just wanted to say:

Go Mets!