Masters Running

Sunday, June 15th Daily......Father's Day Special (Read 438 times)

Ran 3.5 miles at sunset as the almost-full moon rose and the lighting bugs came out to play - first time I've seen any this year. Smile Temps in the low 80s, but humidity mercifully low. Almost cool and lovely by the time I finished a little after 9:00. Tomorrow is the beginning of my last week as an evening runner until the fall. I can't wait to start watching the sun rise over the ocean as I run on the boardwalk! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I think I'm still in time to wish all Happy Father's Day!! Beautiful sunshine blessed us here in the PNW so I just had to get out on the trail for a little bit, just 4.25 miles with no watch or Garmin. Yesterday's long run seems to have taken care of any nagging knee or ankle pain I had been dealing with recently because everything felt fine, maybe the happier weather related mood helped too!! Tet, I had to read your post a couple of times over to fully grasp what you did over the weekend....Cameron, who was reading over my shoulder, went.."Wow!!!!" I'm sure it will be a while before they let me get away with night running.. Green Lake must be a good place to do it, at least well lit ! Francesca

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

franci - thanks, isn't it nice to be running in the sunshine? did you ever run around the 5K Imperial Palace? Over a period of months I did it during all hours of the night and was never alone. Green Lake was the same with seeing six walkers (3/2/1)) during the 2:30 am lap was the least company we had all night!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)