Masters Running

Thu July 17 Runs and Workout (Read 514 times)

evanflein

5.5 miles on the campus trails at lunchtime. At 8:44 avg pace, should've been an easy run but these trails are full of roots and lots of up and down so really was sort of hard. Gotta buck up and get used to it though... Got lots of trail running in the near future! Lunch was salad with a ton of lettuce from my garden. I grew several different types, including a "spicy mesclun" mix with some varieties I have no idea what they are, but they're tasty!
      3.2 miles of hill work today. 94 degrees but it did not feel that bad. I may just be getting used to the 90s because the lady I ran with kept commenting that I was not sweating as hard as her. The truth is I like to take her with me on my hill days because she slows me down and I don't charge so hard. I also loop back and pick her up so I get in a few extra hills in there. I also drink water all day in anticipation of a hot run and make sure I have some during and after. She on the other hand had no water with her so I had to give her the talk about dehydration and heat stroke and all that good stuff. No wonder most of my runs are alone. Its hard enough taking care of myself let alone someone else. Roll eyes Tim, You stud you Smile Maybe you should go late at night so as not to disturb the wimmin.Don't you hate it when they act like you're a piece of meat or something? Wink Perch, Marathon ? What Marathon? Oh that little hill work out he jogged a while back . Wink You are in great shape there is no way I could have done that run so soon after my marathon. Hell who am I kidding I couldn't keep up with you on my best day. Have great runs everybody Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mariposai-What leg are you running?
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          Maine: Your workouts are staggering...when's next race? You're gonna beat somebody's butt.
          Next race is Saturday morning - Yarmouth Clam Festival 5 Miler - I sure hope it isn't hot and humid (although it is looking that way Sad ). Todays run - 7 miles - 1:06:04 - (9:27) in very hot conditions - 91 degrees and increasing humidity...YUK! Due to my upcoming race this was to be a slow easy run...the hot temp made it easier to go SLOW!! I'm glad I don't have to run in these conditions very often. Hey Ribs - what a great looking young man...he must get his looks from his mother. Wink
          Mariposai

Mariposai-What leg are you running?
            I am runner five, running legs 5, 17 and 29...what about you?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Number 7,but on another team Sad
              Mariposai

Number 7,but on another team Sad
                Cry Cry Good luck my friend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hopefully we'll see you at the finish... Smile