Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 3.11.15 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

I'm glad to see the cleaning tales continue! Everyone has interesting perspectives on this dirty, dusty topic.

Welcome back, Roch. Yep - timing is everything. But you and everyone else needs to watch the water/ice on the sides of the roads this time of the year.

I'm glad you're getting back into it, Holly, sailor-walking and all!

Tet, octopus potato chips, complete with little bits of rusty-rose colored tentacles wouldn't make it to the top of my food chain... Enjoy the morning exercise routine, with or without the chips.

I know I'm a wus, Wild, but anything with a distance of 50-something makes me cringe.

Outstanding splits, Mariposai - smmmmokin!

I was in meetings, or at the polls and voting, just about all day yesterday. But the meetings were very productive, and I left them feeling excited about the opportunities we discussed, and looking forward to getting on with them. I learned this morning that all of the warrant articles that our Conservation Commission had on yesterday's ballot passed. We've established an additional 12-ft building setback from our wetland buffers, made some relatively-minor changes to our ordinances, secured a $10,000 contribution to our Land Fund (used for purchasing conservation land), established an official town forest, and secured a $90,000 allocation to help rebuild a pond dam that has failed. That was a productive Town Meeting!

No workout today - it rained overnight and is too close to freezing, and it is too dang dark out to see the road, so I decided to skip the opportunity to slip on some ice and bruise my butt. But we are going snow-shoeing this afternoon (creating a path for Saturday's open snowshoe hike on a nice piece of conservation land) so I'll still get a bit of a workout today.

Keep smiling; have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

On the fly...

EZ 6 in downright balmy 51F temps.  What a change a week makes.

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

I hope I can run as fast in my intervals tonight as Mari ran hers yesterday! 1000's for me today. 

I think Tet's stomach is lined in steel. yep, that's it.  

very late board meeting - went for over 2 hrs and we didn't even get into some topics as deeply as we should have. i'm always so exhausted after those meetings.  And I have another long meeting tomorrow with the Director of Public Health. 

Love the homework page you posted last night Steve! so cute!

David's first track meet is next Thursday - in Coos Bay - at Marshfield HS - Pre's home.  He'll have to wear his Pre necklace given to him by Pre's mom. 

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet, octopus potato chips, complete with little bits of rusty-rose colored tentacles wouldn't make it to the top of my food chain... Enjoy the morning exercise routine, with or without the chips.

+1

Mariposai - you are running so well!

55 minutes of bike trainer this morning, enough of a sweat to make me think I was doing something, watching GI Jane.  I started watching Natural Born Killers but only made it through 10 minutes before deleting it from the DVR.  Not my kind of movie, I guess.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker I am in for a 50k and you can be too!  As in 50 thousand inches!  What do you say?  I bet we can clear it! 

wildchild 50k in meters?  Not a chance!  Well, maybe a chance but not a very big one.  Never say never!  

SteveP very cute homework.

I got up and manged to get out an hour before dawn with all my night time running gear.  (Did I mention you should get a set of this stuff and the best way to do so is to sign up with the Rosie Ruiz Relay team for this September's Reach the Beach Relay in New Hampshire!)  Since I got out early enough I did 14 miles.  No dogs either!  No vicious dogs at least.  A couple of lazy hanging out on their lawn dogs is all.  Good dogs!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Thanks for starting us off, Jay. Still catching up on things to do after a couple weeks away. Then we were just notified that a planned Road Scholar trip to Quebec City in June has been cancelled, so now \we've got to rearrange other related plans and all.

Went out planning on an EZ 6 around the lake this morning. It was chilly, but clear skies and sun rising. I knew I had the choice of dressing so that I was comfortable to start but would be really overheated by the end, or starting out pretty cold and being comfortable at the finish. Since I've been running outside in shorts recently -- albeit in warmer climes -- I opted for the latter and it worked out well. It was really chilly for the first mile, especially with a light northerly breeze coming across the mile-wide frozen lake, but once past that I started warming up and felt really good in the last 2 miles. Started at an 11:30 pace and ended going at 8:30.

Dress warmly (or not) wherever you all are running today!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Twocat, your dog experience sounds scary.  I'm glad it didn't end up any worse.  Steve, neat homework lesson.

Nice long runs for wild and Mike.  Good job on the speedwork for evan and mari.

This morning, it was in the low 30s and there was just a light breeze.  It was a nice morning, but I had no energy.  I got in 5 miles at an 11:40 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Anybody affect by all the fog?

Holly - I love GI Jane.  I watch it when I need extra motivation.

Carolyn - Wish I could join you on some of those runs, but it ain't in the cards for this year.

Jay - Congrats on the passing of your warrant articles!

Posie - I will never see the day when I have those kinds of interval paces.  Good for you!

Happy to see that 2K only had to deal with lazy dogs.

Hi, Roche, TSelbs, and Tramps!

I got in about an hour and a half late due to a doctor appointment.  I was hoping that some elves would have come in while I was out and organized my desk.  I guess they have the same attitude I do about cleaning.

I had 4 EZ this a.m. in the rain, then about 30 min of core/ST.

I realized this morning that my right leg tends to lean inward when running, and I've noticed the same thing when riding my bike.  Every now and then this morning the right knee would knock against my left knee.  I think I'm gonna go see my MAT guy and have him to an overall assessment to determine where my weaknesses are on the right.  I've been doing some resistant hip strengthening exercises, but something's not working the way it should.  We'll see . . .

Later ~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

Hit 56 here with a bright sun-many wet roads due to melting. Got in 4.5 miles. A passing runner screamed out "glorious" to me referring to the spring like conditions, but it isn't going to last too long- back to the 30's for the next week (and probably icy conditions).

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Another run in shorts, tonight.  1.5 mile warm up in 11:54.  9 mile tempo in 1:01:10. 1.5 mile cool down in 12:54.  Total was 12 miles in 1:25:58.  I had to work way too hard to maintain that tempo pace I was trying to run.  Oh, well--you can only do what you can do.

Oh, my youngest granddaughters got their first haircut yesterday...hold on...I have to go over to Facebook and grab their picture...don't go away...it will just take a minute...

Are you still here?  Good...here they are...

Then, today, they went swimming...

Since I'm at it...here are 4 more of my grandkids down in Florida for Spring Break.  My daughter surprised them on Sunday morning, telling them they were leaving that day.

Okay--I'll leave you all alone, now.  See ya!

wildchild

Carolyn

Cute grandkids, Mike!  Thanks for sharing!  And nice tempo run - dang, you're fast!

4.5 muddy miles around the neighborhood today, in shorts.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

David's first track meet is next Thursday - in Coos Bay - at Marshfield HS - Pre's home.  He'll have to wear his Pre necklace given to him by Pre's mom. 

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww, what an honor to have a Pre necklace given by Pre's mom to him. I hope the first meet went well.

God David go!!!!!!!!!

7 easy recovery miles for me this afternoon after work.

cheers,

Posie Lady

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Yes, Mike is so fast, and never seems happy with his workouts. We'd love to see times/paces like those! Cheer up, Mike, you've got cute grandkids and wings on your feet.

5.4 miles for me tonight after work, with brilliant sunshine and cold temps that stung my cheeks. Yes, I brought my balaclava, and remembered that about 3/4 of a mile into my run (and down a big hill). Oh well. I survived. Footing was really good with recently plowed bike paths and cold temps to make the snow hardpack firm. Nice! If I have to run in winter (and I do) this is some of my favorite footing to run on. But, I could sure do without that cold bite from the breeze. Temps were around zero, with lows last night to -30° and could see that again tonight, too. Dang, I sure wish April would get here!

SteveP

Productive meetings a kewl, Jay.

MikeE, I love those cuties.

SteveP