Masters Running

Friday January 9 Arctic Runs (Read 39 times)

Not as bad as expected, but it was still a TM day for me also. But I did stay on longer than usual. I have a major fitness evaluation next Friday and am afraid I've lost a bit of aerobic fitness since I first thought about signing up for the test last fall when I was pretty much at my year's peak. Just want to make a good showing with a decent VO2-Max number.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

C-R

Well our cats chase each other for an hour, jump on my keyboard and then proceed to find their little beds to sleep and start it all over again in about 3 hours. Good life if you can get it. Turned my back to my lunch and the kitten licked some of my tortolini and got a big surprise. I used some Asian hot sauce instead of marinara. Less sugar and more bite. Kitten did not like the hot sauce. hah.

6 1/4 hard hill workout today. Felt good after.

My running partner cannot run Boston due to a work conflict (he cannot get out of the trip) which means if anyone is looking for a room for the race, I will have an extra spot. Its called the Midtown and is a few blocks from the finish. I managed a really good rate (AAA, government and all that other stuff) so it would be very inexpensive (for Boston). I arrive Sat and leave Tuesday.

Cheers.

New Boston jacket is out ($110)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

janie b good

my cats chase each other around 2-3x/day and hiss like they hate each other, but then i'll find them curled up together and licking each other's faces like they're Romeo and Juliet.  go figure.  btw, I don't let my cats in the bedroom at night because the one likes to nest in my hair and it drives me nuts when I try to change position-- ouch, ouch you're on my hair!

3.71 TM miles for me.

heading to vegas tomorrow for my birthday.  return late Tuesday night.  will be running in vegas, but not posting to the daily thread until I'm back.

take care! happy running!  and go cowboys!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - I've looked at the comforter covers and will probably go that route whenever I break down and buy one.  Which will be after I break down and repaint the bedroom.  Which will probably be years from now.

IMO, you really can't paint the bedroom until you pick out your comforter.  It took me a couple years of gently looking before I finally found a comforter set I liked (and at a decent price), and only then did I pick out a color to paint the room.  Since the bed is the biggest thing in the room, your walls need to at least compliment the colors on your spread.  Just my $.02.

8 miles for me today on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I'm not even sure how to comment on Leslie's sleeping position of her cat. but probably some things are just better left to a chuckle but no comment 

Bella sleeps on David's bed and Bailey sleeps on the floor next to my side of the bed. They actually both have nice roomy beds downstairs, but even when we used to insist they sleep downstairs, they would sneak up in the middle of the night, so now we just let them start out the night upstairs with us. and I've put a dog bed on the floor for Bailey to sleep on. yes, they trained us.

3.2 miles on my lunch break. Still quite cold and foggy and even though it's not raining, I forgot that running in fog pretty much still leaves your hair looking like you just took a shower.  5K race tomorrow with David.  First race since last May when I ran the Avenue.  Race doesn't start til 12:30 though which is going to seem very odd.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm not even sure how to comment on Leslie's sleeping position of her cat. but probably some things are just better left to a chuckle but no comment 

Good grief, it was bad enough when we were dealing with Leslie's own sleeping positinos and getting into her sheets the other day, now it's her cat.  Go take a cold shower or go for a long run before it's too late.

No particular reason but just let me know if anyone would like to have little bag of convenience store (7-11, Family Mart, etc.) packages of salty chocolates, salty carmels, carmel potato chips, scallop or abalone-flavored potato chips, spicy cod egg ones, or the latest marketing sensation of sour yuzu citrus potato chips, etc. for your electolytic balancing during any of your upcoming races.  Since he can’t read Japanese yet, maybe I’ll see if I can trick. . . I mean maybe MikeMP might want to try some if we can get together.  Good thing I didn’t end up in a country where they eat insects. Hmmmm. I wonder what the Chinese character for “bugs” is. Where's econo when a guy needs her?
              Even though I don’t like coffee, I just had to try out the package of  four “Café Latte pancakes” being sold at the all-night 7-11 across the stsreet from the hotel in Osaka this morning.  Hmmm, maybe I like coffee after all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I solved today's temperature problem by doing nothing.  No run. No elliptical.  I had an early morning meeting so that deep sixed a morning workout.  I also had a really horrible night's sleep and cannot get myself to do anything active this evening.  Maybe if I had one of those energy bars from AamosY!  I have an idea, instead of all of us making our own batches AamosY how about you make a really, really big batch and then mosey on down to the post office . . . 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Got out for a nice run in 21° and daylight today! Woot! Left at 2:15 so had plenty of time. It wasn't bright, but overcast skies cast a dim light on everything. Made depth perception interesting, at times. 5.4 miles in 44 minutes, nice!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I'm doing our local 5k race, tomorrow, that is put on and raises money for the high school student council.  It looks like it's going to be 2 below zero....yipee...

SteveP

(((((Abby)))))

Tet, I'll try nearly anything once. I've watched the show "Survivor" and been amazed at how hungry people are when food comes crawling into their camp sites.

Got up an hour early to clear the driveway so DW could get to work. Then worked where my coffee or water kept icing up. No running today.

SteveP