Masters Running

Wednesday, 7.29.15 (Read 38 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Good luck with the job offers, Rob!  You're awfully lucky to get not one, but TWO offers!

I guess all you guys complaining about the H&H don't want to hear that I had my jacket and gloves on for part of my run again today?    !6.4 mile loop trail up to the continental divide, along the divide for 3 miles, then back down.  I only needed the jacket up high because it was breezy - the rest of the run I was very comfortable in short sleeves and skirt.

I guess I should start tapering for the relay on Friday - but since it's my first relay, I'm not sure if people taper for them or not??  What do you guys usually do?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I found my keys. Somehow got dropped into a side pocket of the duffel bag I brought home.   i even shook it this morning

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

HermosaBoy

Good luck with the job offers, Rob!  You're awfully lucky to get not one, but TWO offers!nit

Definitely a new opportunity for me.  I have never been in a situation where I had multiple offers.  In one sense it feels good.

Unfortunately, I had to call the hiring manager for the first offer and tell her that I am rescinding my acceptance.  Sad  She understood, but it was still a bit uncomfortable!!!  At least I think I was able to do it without burning any bridges.

The second offer was just too good to pass up.  Salary was quite a bit higher and they were willing to let me flex my schedule so I could keep coaching.  Win-Win for me.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I found my keys. Somehow got dropped into a side pocket of the duffel bag I brought home.   i even shook it this morning

good job stumps.  Even though it was last October when I had to have GS crawl through the back seats I sprung into the truck to retrieve keys I inadvertently, unintentionally, mistakenly, accidentally, etc. locked in, he thoughtfully reminded me of it every time we went someone during last week's visit.  Don't worry, though, I'm sure no one here'll ever bring yours up again.  At least GS learned lots of new words.

ps rob - take both and run between them.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hermosa--nice problem to have.  Glad you were able to take the better pay AND get the perk you wanted.  Good luck with the new gig.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Congratulations HermosaBoy!

I got a late start, tonight, because of a neighborhood meeting.  We're have some long overdue road work done.  I feel sorry for those people...they're doing their best to do their jobs and keep people informed--but some people just aren't happy unless they're stirring up trouble.  My next door neighbor is the worst of all.

Anyway--I did a 1.5 mile warm up, a 7 mile tempo, and a 1.5 mile cool down in 1:10:06.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Glad to read you found the key.

Hermosaboy,  great news, enjoy the new gig.

Speaking of new gig, mine showered me with  4 meetings today. I also managed 4 recovery miles prior to all those meetings.  Good day, Indeed.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Nice on the job offers and your choice, Hermosaboy. Sounds like you handled the situation really well.

Meetings, bleh. Usually seem like a big waste of time unless there's a specific topic and point of discussion. General staff meetings seem to be the worst, especially if too often.

Came home from work and went out for my run. My legs are still a little sore from Sunday's race, but feel better once I'm out there. Ran 9.1 miles, and in the last three miles it got really dark out there! As I got close to home, the wind picked up and thunder boomers were all over. By the time I got done, it started raining. By the time I got inside, it was pouring hard with lightning and thunder! Wow, talk about perfect timing.

Marathon Maniac #957

Nice on the job offers and your choice, Hermosaboy. Sounds like you handled the situation really well.

+1

SteveP - you really are amazing - your company is lucky to have you.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."