Masters Running

Donna - Coming Home (Read 248 times)

TomD

Donna is to come home today. She can get around just a little slower than normal, but she will be able to get around the house by herself. We have no stairs. Our basement has a washroom, storage, and a small extra bedroom. So she will not need to go down there. She was fitted for the heart vest last night, while I was there. There are several things to know about using it, but they are all simple. This vest will be a temporary solution for her fluttering heart. Just another challenge for us. The vest has a storage area for info on her heart's activity, which we will download to her doctor once a week. Getting back to a more normal life will do us both a lot of good. TomD and DonnaD
      That's good news Tom. Smile
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good news for sure. I'm sending positive thoughts for continued progress.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

Hi Tom, Great news!! I'm sure you and Donna will both be so much happier and more comfortable with her back home, even if it is slow-going for a while. It's great that you live in a ranch so getting around won't be as challenging for Donna as it might have been - good planning! Wink I don't know how comfortable the vest'll be to wear, but if it'll help keep Donna's heart working properly and save several trips back and forth to the doc, it should be worth the effort. Do you know yet how long she'll have to have it? I hope you'll have more good progress to report in the coming days - good luck to both of you! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

#artbydmcbride

One day at a time. Smile I'm glad she gets to come home.

Runners run

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Great news Tom!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Great to hear, Tom.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

munchkn883

Wonderful news! I'm sure you both will feel better at home. Prayers and hugs continue.
                  nowor

Great news Tom and Donna. I'm sure Donna will be so much happier and comfortable at home. She'll get greta care too!
                      ((((Donna and Tom))))) - great news!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Best Wishes for Donna & you too Tom. Coming home is wonderful.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

wildchild

Carolyn

Welcome home, Donna! Glad you're doing better.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Good news, Tom and Donna. There's no place like home. TomS