Masters Running

Sunday's Runs in the Sun - October 5th (Read 448 times)

Some nice long runs today. Looking forward to the race reports. This morning I did 100 pushups and 1 mile on the elliptical at the gym. That's all I felt like doing at the time. In the morning I don't usually feel very strong. After lunch with the family at church, Dark Colt and I did an easy 5 miles cross-country together. Now that he's on a team with other kids, he is more interested in running, and more interested in running with me. Smile Dark Mare said to me, "I can see you two being good friends when he's an adult." Smile Later I did 3 more miles cross-country alone. Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
    SteveP

Teresa, DS rocks!!!! I miss the kids' games myself. All of them have been to my races as well. DS waited while I did a 25K trail run. He ddin't squak a bit as far as the time it took to race either....Though we did need to jump the car cuase the radio drained the battery. It was kewl though. A little lesson he didn't have to learn in the middle of no-where....His mom still doesn't know, so lets keep that between us and the 350,000,000 other people who surf the net. Tight lipped Tramps, I used to take donuts on the long runs. Kevin, It seems as though you've reached a major milestone. Most adults don't log 1000 running miles period. Here, you care enough about what you do to keep track. I'm glad you think highly enough of us to share the achievement. Dude, that's a lot to be proud of.....Y'all all should get a big Hee Haw salute....."Sa Lute"! Dark Horse, the post of yours is your best yet...Sweet. Cool I felt greta today..Though I've run the day after blood drives before. So today was a honey do day. Planted 50 bulbs and 4 irises. there was a payoff though.

SteveP

Tramps, I used to take donuts on the long runs.
        And I take one on the long drives. Big grin MTA....Nice picture Steve. He's a good looking boy.
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        munchkn883

Took today off....left hip hurting until I took 4 Motrin! I miss going to my kids' events. GD1 will start piano lessons next year so we'll be going to TX for her first recital. GS & GD2 are too young to be in organized events and GD3...well, she is still staying warm in DD1's tummy! Should arrive around the end of the month!
            there was a payoff though.
            Steve, great photo. That's a happy kid who knows he is loved. A gift I wish every kid could have. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
            Henrun

Spent the weekend in Brooklyn for a family party. Marj is fighting a cold, so I went out early this morning after the rain stopped and the sun appeared for one of my favorite runs. Did a 4 miler on to and on the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan and back. Many runners out, especially those getting ready for the NYC Marathon next month. Spent Sat. night dining at a vegetarian restaurant (superb!) with my son and his girl friend and then walking all through the Village and SoHo. A delightful weekend Smile.
              wildchild

Carolyn

7.05 miles for me in 42 degrees this morning. Still in the skirt, but I wore two tech shirts and light gloves.
                30F, 100%H when I started. beautiful, blue sky, at least after a while. still in shorts. which was fine later. but more tops, & gloves.
                Why is it that we keep wearing shorts (or skirts) well into the cold weather in the fall, when there's no way we'd break out shorts in the spring when it was this cold???? I ran this afternoon in the 38 degree rain in shorts. DUH! What was I thinking? At least I wore a long sleeved shirt! My legs were bright red when I got home. Only a quick 3 miles with the dogs, and the cold made me run fast to warm up! The rain was changing to snow when I got home. Kevin, congrats on the 1000 miles! And running with the speedy wimmin - way to go! Dark Horse, nice run with the Colt. My DD has only run with me a couple of times, and it was a joy. Wish she would do it more often. Hope you guys continue running together. SteveP, what a great picture of you with your youthful ward little grandson! Henrun, running across the Brooklyn Bridge sounds kind of cool. Good night, all!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.