Masters Running

Tuesday, October 28 Runs and Tapers (Read 476 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

So mountain wimmin and Holly and anyone else, what about a WYoming/Montana marathon? Or, there's Missoula in July, a nice race, super town, and the kids are out of school.
    Although it sounds do-able at some point, I don't think it will be next year for me. I'm already committed to Columbus in October, and (I thought) AF Marathon with a certain speedy lady in September, and in the summer our vacation is looking to be a shared rental at the beach with another family we know. So I don't see visiting FIL in 2009. However, if it does look like we may be planning a trip there, I will definitely try to arrange it around one of the marathon options. Erika - I see what you mean about good and bad news. Does this mean long term prognosis might NOT be surgery?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Top 'O the World!

How 'bout Ft Collins in May?
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        yikes -- 5 pages for today!! i need to learn how to use notepad or something to comment as i read because by the time i get to replying i forget what i wanted to say to each of you Blush so basically i'm sending healing vibes to all the ouchies and fleet feet to the rest of you!! i was a weather wimp today -- can't bear the thought of running in the pouring rain when i'm not really training for anything big so i hit the gym...........7.0 miles treadmill injust under 67 minutes then .5 mile walking to cool down and stay on my feet a little longer ......... 7.5 miles in 73:43 total - over 800 calories burned per the mill happy tuesday all!!

denise

evanflein

Erika - I see what you mean about good and bad news. Does this mean long term prognosis might NOT be surgery?
          Well... that would be for the other problem. A tendon release surgery like my dad had is probably still in my future. However, I've been watching him and his toe is back almost like it was before! If that's the best result I can hope for, I'll prolly pass.... But for now, no. Enke, just a bruise would be one thing, this is on the bone itself (or the sheath on the bone, or something like that...). For what I want to do in the next few days, yes it's "just a bruise," albeit a sore one!
            Man, aren't we a lively bunch today?! I went to the doctor today. I told the Doc that I keep having these dreams that I'm Tom Jones singing the Green Green Grass of Home. "Is that normal?" I asked. The Doc said, "Well.....It's not unusual." 4 easy miles for me this beautiful fallish evening. Healing vibes and good thoughts going out to all.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            dg.

evryday, Tongue. {{{{ Erika }}}} Craneium, I'm sorry you're under so much stress. Hi Denise! nice you're running now, I was wondering how you were. Nancy, i'll stick with speed. You got the best books anyway. You'll lend them to me when you're done, won't you? I just finished stretching & using the foam roller & the stick. now ice, bed & a book.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Man, aren't we a lively bunch today?! I went to the doctor today. I told the Doc that I keep having these dreams that I'm Tom Jones singing the Green Green Grass of Home. "Is that normal?" I asked. The Doc said, "Well.....It's not unusual." 4 easy miles for me this beautiful fallish evening. Healing vibes and good thoughts going out to all.
                OK, during my taper madness..that cracked me up. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

Evryday, while I didn't LOL, I GOL. (groaned out loud.)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

An hour tempo run at lunch today in the pouring rain, cold and super windy...better than tonight though. Almost a foot of snow already (yikes) and really really windy... Shovelling tomorrow and the roads are supposed to be a nightmare as the crews are not fully ready (what's up with that)...and of course most people still have their summer tires.. Hope the weathers better where you are... PS - Ran a 5k on the weekend. Ran 17:31 for 7th overall out of 876 and third AG...Ran to conservatively and it was actually my easiest race of the season.. Since this was only my second 5k of the season I forget you should hurt from the first K out... Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Mariposai

So mountain wimmin and Holly and anyone else, what about a WYoming/Montana marathon? Or, there's Missoula in July, a nice race, super town, and the kids are out of school.
                      I would love to do Montana, but I much check with the family vacation plans first Ran a super tempo tonight, just a petit one. 4 miles with 1/4 mile surges at 8:05x4. Had to hurry up to be back on time for dinner to eat the scrumptious savory yellow split pea soup I made last night with homemade bread. Erika, happy to hear that you can run NYC...have a blast sistah...live it up...don't even think about the foot while you are there.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard