Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 8.27.14 (Read 38 times)

Enke---you are right! I always feel faster in the dark, even when it's early morning. Two pre-dawn---gorgeous sunrise runs for me. Tuesday's version was in the hills of Ithaca or up and down the hills rather. This morning's pre-dawn journey was tempo-style on the local roads and bike path. I am holding up okay with high mileage so far. Team race on Sunday in Burlington, VT (a 15k) and then just three more super-long runs before the 50 miler.

Deez! Awesome!

I had to go back and read when I saw TW's post. Oh dear. Sorry BTY

Brussel Sprouts! Kale! Chard! Must be lunch time......off to forage I go!

Starr, what kind of bike do you have, anyway? I thought the electric shifting was only on the highest of the high-end models. Super if that's what you have!

So now I'm in the best running condition of the year but will be taking about a 3-week layoff to go on vacation next week. Make sure you keep it up in my absence!

Roch, where are you headed that you can't run for 3 weeks? I bought myself a 2013 Raleigh Revenio 4.0 carbon bike.  It was my gift to me for Mother's Day and for losing 20#. MrStarr never asked what I paid for it, but I did get a good deal since it was a carryover.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

I just want to point out it took all of 20 minutes max to make the Swiss chard with golden raisins and almond recipe I mentioned the other day.  Most of that was letting it wilt down in a covered pot.  Not much different from Brussels sprouts, however you do them.  Speaking of which that is what I have on the menu for tonight!

No running for me today.  But the person I talked into taking the last spot on the relay team, after we lost a runner to injury, signed up today!  So, the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club is back up to 12 people!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Good news about the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club team!

I had a church meeting after work, yesterday, so I didn't get out for my run until 8:30.  Then, when I went to get my Garmin--it was dead.  So--I had to do my mile repeats by feel...but it was dark...so I had no idea how fast they were.  But I did do a total of 10 miles in 1:11:44, which included a warm up and a cool down.

Tonight, I did an easy 5 miler.

Okay--that's all I have time for.  See ya!

SteveP

Yay for Deez' Tri!

Eat the brussel sprouts!

SteveP

BTY

Thanks for the sympathy for my pulled muscle and its aftermath.   Wednesday was a a 5 miler with extended warmup and cooldown, and the 2.5 in the middle at 10:00/m pace. After chatting with a patrolman at the end of the 2.5, I ran a 3/8 mile tempo interval to catch up with my training partner then fell back to recovery jog pace. Glad the rain held off.

BlazinCajun

It is good to see so many persevering through the warm-as-hell temperatures and humidity.

BTY - Seems you just can't get ahead but I know you will. Just keep hanging in there and stay positive.

CNYrunner - nice running even in the dark, so quick no one can see.

Denise - Congrats on your Tri time improvement.

My oldest daughter passed her driving test and now has an official driving license - insurance is so expensive.

Just a couple of mile warm ups and some striders last night then a dip in the pool to stretch.

Andrew
                ------------------
                God, my Lord, is my strength;
                he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                and enables me to go upon the heights.
                Hb 3:19