Masters Running

Molasses Spice Cookie Monday, 4-1-2013 (Read 51 times)

King of PhotoShop

Rhoon, you let Mariposai get a pic of you with your shirt tied around your waist!  That's a one dollar fine.  Spareribs

RunningAhead run alert...Mariposai tried to kill me today. Thanks twocats for the rescue call, it was a life or death moment.

Ahem . . . that is Twocat, no "s."  Why?  My handle is in honor of my friend's (now long deceased) pet.  She named her cats in Chinese, which when transliterated come out as One Cat, Two Cat, etc.  This is what happens when you name your pets in a language without plurals!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

RunningAhead run alert...Mariposai tried to kill me today. Thanks twocats for the rescue call, it was a life or death moment.

maybe go take her for some loop-de-loops in the bug-smasher or, better yet, for a swim in the local pool.  I think she, and most everyone else, would love swimming if they'd have a chance to give it a try.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bushrat Runner

Ahem . . . that is Twocat, no "s."  Why?  My handle is in honor of my friend's (now long deceased) pet.  She named her cats in Chinese, which when transliterated come out as One Cat, Two Cat, etc.  This is what happens when you name your pets in a language without plurals!

My apologies...I knew I should have looked around before posting...

Ribs...it was hot...Mariposai told me you had issues with shirts around waists, but I must have missed the memo...I like having that option. She was sure it would get a rise out of you though.

Tet, a swim sounds really good. I've apparently been in Alaska too long, it is really hot here.

Marathon Maniac #957

Psst--hey, Holly--we're running a marathon this month...

AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!

Ahem, okay, as long as we're using the term "run" loosely.....Big grin

Erika, the only time I ever had someone stop to ask if I was okay was when I rolled my ankle on a rock and fell down in the street, crawing to the curb to curse and whimper for a bit.....

Maine - tough time, but wonderful to have family support.

Tramps - Big grin

3.75 miles for me this morning, followed by 30-40 minutes of weights and core.  Kids are on school break, so I have a little more time in the mornings since I don't have to get them fed and out the door, etc.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tramps--I did a variation on that a while back.  did a run at home and hadn't downloaded yet when I started a run in NC without reset.  I had about a 700 mile long straight line with a little run at each end.Roll eyes

12.12 miles yesterday.  It was a little chilly at the start at 33°, but ended up at 50° at the end.  Not too fast, but a pleasant run.

Today I finally got a call back from my cardiologist to go over the stress test. He told me that the reaction that I had during the test was not a-fib or dangerous.  the drug that I take can act as a limiter when you get above a certain HR.  The fact that I had taken it before the test (as instructed) made for a bigger reaction.  So I can still run, but I guess I have a reason (excuse?) for not running too fast.  Just take the pills after running like I have been.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

6.3 miles for me in 47:56.  Then a light weight workout.

That's it for me.

C-R

Late to the forum today. Got my run at 5 pm. How is it that I run a loop and 3/4 of it is INTO THE WIND. Very puzzling. Frankly Indy ranks third in wind locations in my life. Number one was Rantoul Illinois and the other was Waco TX (even more than when I resided in Hawaii). But if you like 10-15 constant + gusts in the 20s, come on over.

Sorry Maine. We're struggling with my mom and dementia. Not an easy thing. Lately she will only speak in German which means I have to translate everything. Kind of funny actually. Just glad she is still with us.

I do like Ocala though. Sounds like a nice community.

Posai tries to run Rhoon into the here after. Oh my.

Tet is a long past fugitive? Who'd da thunk that.

Love that one Ribs. That's my kind of humor. No April fools stuff here. I do remember in my days at the manufacturing plants where you had to look under toilet seats (ketchup packs and cellophane), in hard hat liners (ketchup packs, lube, bearing grease) and any handle. Made everyone jumpy.

Hey Holly - we didn't do any baskets this year and no one gave it a second thought or comment. Frankly it was nice ot have a holiday where you can focus on the holiday.

Cheers everyone.

Oh and Boston is two weeks out. Time to start tweaking people. Big grin

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

Rhoon, you let Mariposai get a pic of you with your shirt tied around your waist!  That's a one dollar fine.  Spareribs

Need proof of his sin? Here you go! The orchard behind Troy is one of my favorite routes. It takes you up on a dirt road in to lovely scenery and more orchards. It is too bad that the apple orchards were not in bloom yet.

It was a rather hot weather for a run today, about 66F. The hill was steep and just before we headed up on the steepest part... there came a call from twocat! a call both runners really enjoyed Wink.

See how little is my town? Omak Mt. is the tallest mt in the far distance.

What can I say, the Posie family really enjoyed having Troy and his son Cedric over for Easter dinner and today. As always, the time was just way too short!. It was fun to see how well our guests fit in with the rest of our guests for Easter. We sure had fun sitting in the balcony and chatting the night away.

To our amazement, Troy and I share so many mutual friends, including one of my "other sons", who happens to be his cousin!.

Here is a picture of Troy and his son just before they flew back to Wenatchee.

I have met so many of you folks here in real life and I always looks forward to meeting the rest of you. Troy was only our RAfamily visitor number 4 at our  hut (first sans souci, then came dievechief, then SkipAZ and now Troy)

hummm, I wonder who will be next?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

We were in church yesterday morning for Easter services.  Our Pastor has a Grandson who is an adorable 18 month old toddler.  He was all decked out in his Easter finest - shorts, shirt, and little tie.  There he was toddling around with no shoes on.  I had to snicker as the only thing I thought about was that perhaps he was a Little Tet in Training.

Still terribly disappointed that the Gators chose yesterday to play their worst game of the year.  They really never showed up.  I thought they had a real shot this year.  

when I commented on my grandson's bare feet last summer, he said, '"it's people feet, not bear feet."

ps - go blue!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Oh MY!  That plane looks so little......must be quite something to feel free like a bird in the sky.

Posie....I am overdue for a visit to Posie land...as you are to Enke land....

Bought my fishing license for 2013.....this year, I WILL catch a fish.  Or bribe some kid out of his.

Rest day.  I need a good read for my long commute.  Any recommendations?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Bushrat Runner

It is little! But it is oh so lovely. And it flies like a dream.

And believe it or not, it gains me quite a bit of payload compared to the one it is replacing, and about 2 inches in interior dimensions that are incredibly helpful. My knees aren't in the panel anymore. Which is a good thing.

evanflein

Gotta love Alaska, more small planes per capita than anywhere else in the world, right? Sounds like a fun visit, and glad you guys could get a run in today.

Stumpy, glad to hear your condition is manageable and not dangerous. It seems like you've been dealing with this for awhile. I don't think I ever said how great it is that you're training for a marathon, so I'll say it now. You go for it, and glad to her you've got a basically clean bill of health to do so.

Went for a walk today, after eating half a cookie at my desk. Figure if I eat half a cookie a day, they'll last longer. Heh, I bet I eat all the rest tomorrow! Got a lot done at work today and that feels really good. Tomorrow is a lot of meetings, but nothing too difficult. Wednesday is my first presentation of all the plan changes I've put in place (with the help of a couple committees, but most of the implementation work is with me and our HR systems folks... people like Dave59!). That should go well. (famous last words) Came home and avoided the icy slush and mud to run 4.1 on the teadmill. Legs tired after yesterday's 13.1 miles, but that's to be expected. I can't believe that's a "long" run for me now. *sigh*

Tomorrow will be colder than today, but I think I'll go for a run after work on the road below campus. Can't wait for it to really warm up in a few weeks!

Maniac 505

Maine:

so sorry to hear that.  Alzheimer is such a cruel disease.  When my mother was physically no longer able to care for my father, she found Somerford house (it's a national chain)  before he moved in full time, she occasionally left him there for adult daycare while she got stuff done.   If Somerford  is available where you live, you might look into it.  I think it was a really good place for him.

Gotta love Alaska, more small planes per capita than anywhere else in the world, right? 

Gotta love Florida, more boats per capita than anywhere else in the world.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong