Masters Running

Hey! It's Sunday! It's September 21st! And this is the Daily! (Read 37 times)

evanflein

Sorry to hear that about your DD, Lamerunner. She's been through a lot. Is she getting counseling, or advising services? That might help, if she'd go. And it might be fun just to go to VT to see the crew, even without running 50 whatever.

Enke, I have that every now and then with my ankles. Just stop, flex them a bit and they're fine. But if it happens regularly, it might be an alignment thing, or need new shoes?

Starr, we're definitely in long sleeve days here. Incredible to think we set high temp records last weekend. Today it barely got above 43°. Good thing you made it up in time today. You certainly have a life full of activities!

Holly, chances are not very good (re: the 10 lbs). Just relax and get ready for your race! Funny router name, btw. Our past tenants called theirs "Pretty fly for a wifi" or something like that.

BTY, you're doing great building mileage. You'll be ready for your 15k, no problem.

4.5 easy miles today, although the trip back up the hill never seems "easy," regardless of pace. Temp was about 42° with overcast, grey skies. Pretty dark dreary day, except where the clouds would thin a bit and the sun came through, it felt like "hey, who turned on the lights?" Spent the day cleaning, sorting and helping DH tape off the apartment. He'll start painting it tonight. I can't believe it's been vacant for 4 months.

On the kitty news front (I know you were wondering), Abby seems to be doing pretty well although she's still not eating very much. Pretty good attitude though, and she's interested in things and seems happy. Such a change from a month ago.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Erika - if someone said someone went running today after doing what you did yesterday, we would instantaneously know it was you, I’m only surprised you didn’t run into trackrat.
      Holly - best way to start losing ten pounds is to go run a 50K and you’re already doing it.  No particular reason except I need every advantage possible but she’ll probably beat me by another five minutes again anyway but Enke should wait until the 10/5 Fishes 5K too. . I know I am.
      posie - congratulations on riding 46 miles in you’re the 20- mile organized autumn ride you were registered for.  Next thing you know you’ll be looking a 12 hour run somewhere so you can run a 30 oaps intead of 20. 
      Skier mom - so sorry for your DD.  It must be unbearable,especially if she doesn’t have any really close mutual friends back there. With calculus and other studies not being enough diversion, sounds like she needs to come back home, or at least get invited back so she won’t have to make that decision on her own, if it becomes necessary.

ps tomW -can you do my birthday party next year?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...I'm ordering your oysters now........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....