Masters Running

Hi... mind if I join up with you? (Read 61 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hello. I have been following your group for a bit and it seem pretty nice. Mind if I hang about and post from time to time? I am over 40 so I guess I meet the criteria. I know some groups are private and picky about who joins but this does not seem like that. Let me know and I'll give a little intro about myself.

C-R

Welcome Jack. This is a good group. I'm one of the newer members here and have managed to not get the boot. Big grin

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

Jump right in.  We'll wave the initiation fee.

C-R

Jump right in.  We'll wave the initiation fee.

Hey. Can I get a refund?

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Hey. Can I get a refund?

...yeah,

if you can get that CaddyShack Scene out of my head......

===========

.......Welcome Aboard jack//............How long you Been Running???????

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Hey. Can I get a refund?

I don't really have the authority to wave the fee let alone a refund.  That's up to Ribs and his surrogates.  But I was feeling generous so I threw it out there.

C-R

...yeah,

if you can get that CaddyShack Scene out of my head......

===========

.......Welcome aboard jack//............what do you want to Get from Your Running???????

Sure thins TW. Just sing along with me.

"It's a small world after all. Its a small world after all. Its a small world after all. Its a small small world."

That should do it. Cool

King of PhotoShop

We love new people.  Join in.

Oh, when I saw that fee waiver the first thing I thought of was the days of the fines!  Spareribs

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome.  The more, the merrier.

C-R, you are cruel.  I just sat down in a tiny airplane seat that may not move for 2 hours. Now I'llhear that the whole time.  Thanks a lot.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Welcome, Jack!  Let me be the first of the wimmin to welcome you!  This is a friendly bunch, and we welcome new folks.   Tell us about yourself!

Carolyn

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

C-R

C-R, you are cruel.  I just sat down in a tiny airplane seat that may not move for 2 hours. Now I'llhear that the whole time.  Thanks a lot.

Sohree

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Thanks, guys. Here's a bit about myself; I have been running off and on for many years but have always found excuses to stop; too hot, too cold, too tired, etc... I have been running consistently now for just over a year. I don't know if I'm addicted to it, but it is a part of my lifestyle now and my wife say I am depressed whenever I get injured. I average about 40 mpw and I am currently training for my second HM. It is the La Jolla HM on April 28. My goal is to break 1:40. Yes, I live in southern CA. I am sick of CA and won't talk about it because I like to be positive! I have been married 20 years and have three kids; the oldest is at UCSD, the middle is a sophomore in hs and runs XC and track, and the youngest is in 6th grade. She is a swimmer and a runner. My wife is also doing the HM with me and she plays soccer. We are a busy lot. Any other questions? Feel free to ask. I don't do facebook and I am what my kids call "old school."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hi Jack! Oops, maybe I shouldn't say that, if Stumpy is on a plane...

Big grin

Welcome!

Hi Jack! Oops, maybe I shouldn't say that, if Stumpy is on a plane...

Big grin

Welcome!

Big grin  ditto!!  welcome to the group!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Well, okay...I guess it's okay to join in...but I should warn you--you might come to like these people so much, you fly across the country just to meet them.