Masters Running

Hey! It's June 1st! And it's Saturday! And I'll start the daily. (Read 39 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning!  Wow--our group is running a whole bunch of miles, this weekend--good luck to you all!

I'll run later--I have to write a sermon for next week, so I'll pop in and out of here all day.

..ok, who told mikeE he could start the daily????????

=========

er.........I mean 28min poolrun with drag

...................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Good morning.  I ran a soupy 6.01 miles this morning.  About half what I planned, but I slept later than I planned too so that's how it goes.

To try and get me motivated through the summer I am sort of planning to run the Charleston Distance Run on August 31st.  I ran the race in 1989 and during some de-cluttering a couple weeks ago I found the old results from that race and the banner that my oldest daughter was holding up for me at the 20k point.  She was 2 years old at the time and the 20k point was just down the hill from our house.

I think about going back for the race almost every year, but this time I am more serious.  We'll see how things shake out over the next month or so.

(http://www.charlestondistancerun.com/)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Hi Mike, TomW and Dave! Nice running with a drag, Tom. Dave, if you do the Distance Run again, do you think you can get your daughter to hold a banner for you again?

I went 4.5 racewalking miles at the Portsmouth HS track at 8:30 this morning for our first June training session. The sun was blazing and it was in the upper 70s when I got there, and close to 90 by the time I left, at a little after 10. So, for the most part, we took it easy and just worked on some technique drills. All in all, it was a decent workout for a hot day.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mariposai

Posting this from my iPhone as my DH is driving us to Sequim to run the North Olympic Discovery Marathon tomorrow. Last night we had the most relaxing night with Enkie at her house. Thank you for your warm hospitality, Enkie! It was so great seeing you again. The weather is looking good for tomorrow. I am looking forward to running this marathon with my dear friend Joel as his 60th birthday celebration.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

marj, congratulations on joining us retirees.  stumpy, happy anniversary.  mari and enke, it's great you got to spend some time together.

Nice long run for Twocat and speedwork for Holly.

This morning, it was in the mid to high 60s and there was some wind.  I sure wasn't feeling like running but got in 5 miles at an 11:09 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

King of PhotoShop

Morning all.  Got my race in although I had to force myself to get up and drive down there.  Ran it like a tempo, talking with my friends.  Got home and looked at the results and found I was 4th in AG, and the guy who beat me did so by 4 seconds.  Funny that I saw him right in front of me but made no move to pass him.  In fact I made no move to pass anyone!  Had a great day though, and my first 40 mile week since pre-Boston.  Maybe this is what I needed to get inspired again.  Spareribs

Bushrat Runner

Back in the saddle again. Ran Tuesday and thought I might die. Three weeks no running, including the final week or more sicker than a dog, then first run back...was horrible. Ran again Thursday...felt a lot better. I might even talk myself into running today, that would be a three-run week. Nearly a record.

Mike E

MM #5615

I took a break from sermon writing...I really didn't get very far...and went for a run.  Well, Ryan was going, so what was I supposed to do?  I love running with that kid...have I ever told you guys that?  Anyway--10 miles in 1:14:44.

Okay--back at it.  This is why I could never work from home.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  I just realized, I'm doing a marathon next month!  I guess I'd better start watching the Seattle weather forecasts...that's always fun.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

My creaky knee never really got bad, just creaked a bit and got stiff, but I think it will be fine with some rest.  We lucked out today and the thunderstorms held off - only some light rain and humidity to deal with, temps ranged from about 70-80, could have been much worse.  Muddy in spots, but not terrible. Just had to stop periodically and scrape the extra 5 lbs off my shoes.  Finished in 6:03:46, which is not my best, but certainly one of my better 50ks.  My friend Carissa finished in 5:40 - excellent job on her first trail 50k.  I saw some runner friends there, and chatted with some I recognized from other races. Overall, a good day on the trails.

It's after 5pm now, so I'm off to crack a beer...

Mariposai - have a great run tomorrow!

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Proud of you Holly.  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, Ribs!  BTW, you told me once a while back that I need to get to know more local runners, and my friend Renee is really making that happen.  She is on one of the Grand Prix Teams of the ORRRC (Ohio River Road Runners Club), and so has to run a certain number of races every year, and she is not only motivating me to race club races more often, but also introducing me to local runners.  This adds so much more to my running life!  Sharing the joy of running, seeing the friendly faces and sharing our experiences, whatever the pace, adds so much.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Good for you, Holly! Both the 50k today (was that "Another Dam 50k"?) and getting more involved in the local club. I really like doing our local series races because you see so many runner friends. I usually always run alone, so it's fun to see the races as sort of a "group run."

Mike, are you running the Seattle Rock-n-Roll? We did the first one in 2009 (we being Holly, Tammy, Amy Yanni, me and others) and it got pretty hot. Lots of pavement... blister city for me. I think they've changed the course a little from that first year.

11 sproinky miles for me today. Thank goodness, I was tired of feeling tired all the time. Amazing what a good night's sleep and a rest day will do for you. Took it easy on the downhill part and picked it up on the flatter part, last 5 miles all sub-8's. Might spell doom for my long run attempt tomorrow, but it was fun out there today! Full sun and 75°.

Mike E

MM #5615

Mike, are you running the Seattle Rock-n-Roll?

No--the Light at the End of the Tunnel...with tet, arf, wildchild, Mariposai, and her boys, I believe, pfriese, lynden, and Cecil...and I'll see enke, and, I think, divechief...did I miss anybody?  Yeah--I'm really looking forward to it.