Masters Running

It's the Monday Daily, 1.20.14 (Read 43 times)

NHLA

7 miles  1 hr 10 min.  running on tired legs but it was 50!   I'll rest when its cold

wildchild welcome back

spare ribs  I used to hunt in Junction TX  nice weather in the winter.

jlynne  have fun special time

henrun  nice

I sure hope tomwhite doesn't use old kitty litter on the ice.  That would be pretty nasty.

.........hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm//............that would explain all the Possums............

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I could use some Mexico right about now.

Welcome back Wild

Actually it has been a nice weekend.  40F, went up to maybe 46F and sunshine.

My long runs have only been 7 or 8 miles lately, so, much to my disbelief, today I ran, get this.... 15 miles!!!, yup, probably the furthest I have run since, oh, about 5 years ago.  On the bridle trails, 4 loops.  Anyway, it went like this.  I thought, ok, I'd like to run 10 or 12 miles today.  Then I thought, if I do 12, I might as well do 13.1, and say I ran a half marathon.  Then I thought, I don't really like that number, 13, 14 is a much nicer number (and my favourite).  I thought, I'll do 14 for the King and I, what a nice tribute!  Then I thought, well a whole additional loop will make it 15, so I won't have to double back to the car to get exactly 14, which would require more complicated math which I could no longer do, being pretty exhausted by this point.  Luckily my reasoning stopped at 15 and I didn't talk my self into doing 20.  If I had more water/Gatorade on me, and didn't feel guilty leaving my kids home alone, I might have gone for 20.  I felt pretty good the whole time.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Nice accidental and then intentional 15 miler Enke!

Welcome back wildchild

No Kitty Litter around here and maybe that's good?

Ran 10 miles late morning, partly cloudy and mild with a kicking up wind. Back to winter we go, hi ho, hi ho! Mexico or Costa Rica would be awesome! I am heading to CA for work on Wednesday so I'll have that to look forward to on the running front.

I am heading to Scotland for work in May and of course I had to look at the race calendar. I'll be in Edinburgh and yup, just when they have their annual marathon festival. Hmmmmm.....

Marathon Maniac #957

I could use some Mexico right about now.

+1

Nice 15-miler Enke!

No run for me today, no x-training, nada.  I took the day off work so I could help chaperone my DD's school trip to go snow tubing, and ended up going back to sleep after DH left for work instead of staying up to work out.  By the time I got up there was not enough time.  Oh well.

I had a great time with the kids, though. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

.........hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm//............that would explain all the Possums............

Really?

I am a bit obsessive about pavement as well, hence the 3 mile loop that I ran 4 times yesterday

Scotland - so jealous! Find some local wool and I will knit you a hat.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

C-R

Wow. Nice miles this afternoon. Who says masters take it easy.

Glad you're ok wild. Watch out for those curbs. Of course here they are covered in snow so who knows where they are.

Scotland? Oh so envious. I actually saw my kilt while looking for a shirt yesterday. That's a great sounding trip CNY.

I had fun with the kids too Holy. Of course mine was running with DS. 2nd run for me so we played a new game. Run 32 minutes (on our 8 lap per mile track) and see how many times he could pass me as I tried to run smooth and not aggravate my achilles.  Well I got 4.3 and he got 4.7. Only lapped me three times. Funny thing was he didn't really push it too hard. We both had fun and got a few miles together.

Ok time to repair the microwave and then read a little.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  After a pretty nice weekend, we're back in the deep freeze.  Yay...

Welcome back, wild...it sounds like you had a nice trip...

Dave...umm...well, I'm not even sure what to say...I guess I'm glad all your parts are okay.

Very nice run, Enke!  Are you doing the marathon or the 1/2 at Avenue of the Giants?

After an easy 10 miler an easy 8 miler outside over the weekend, it was back on the treadmill for a strength workout, tonight.  1.5 miles in 12:25 (8:17) - 2 miles in 13:21 (6:40.5) - .5 miles in  4:06 (8:12) - 2 miles in 13:20 (6:40) - .5 miles in 4:06 (8:12) - 2 miles in 13:20 (6:40) - 1.5 mils in 12:18 (8:12) -- total 10 miles in 1:12:56.  The last 1.5 miles were very painful.  The insides of my legs and crotch area were chafed really bad.  The shower was not fun.

Okay--that's it from me.  Oh--I'm glad you weren't hurt too badly, wild.  See ya!