Masters Running

Sunday April 6 Boomer/Master Runs (aka Wet Rat Eugene Training ...) (Read 514 times)

GreenMan

Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
      Went out for 6 miles with coach today,spent more time listening than talking(trying to breathe)but a very good tempo run...7:11 pace overall...I've still got a month till my first race...a 10K...but it's going to be a tough hilly course...
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

GreenMan

JJJ, I like your new avatar. How many kilts do you have? Ran 8 easy miles today in Palos Verdes where I get to see some lovely scenery. Here's a view from a seacliff: .....
        Great picture Dromi, I love Cali-Coast. I only have one. I'm lusting for a black leather one with metal ornaments (see Beowolf). You know for dressier outings than trail runing. Kilt got muddy yesterday, washed, and was still drying this AM so I had to run nekkid today. Big grin Well, shorts, shoes, and bandana. My Granny would've called it nekkid. I ran 11, I think, I don't know exacty how long it took. I rested alot, took alot of pictures. It was steep. I'm tired. Great running Beers JJJ
        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
        Mariposai

Breger, you are tough! Later at the clubhouse I had ice on the outside of my right heel and a woman who sat near me asked why the ice there. She is a top area podiatrist and a fine runner. I explained I am recovering from PF and like to ice the foot after running, and that this is the area where if I feel discomfort at all it's in this spot. She asked me a few questions about what brought the injury on and then said, "I don't think you have PF at all. It sounds like peroneal tendinitis to me." The good news is the stuff I am doing for it is the right stuff, but she advised me to add more exercises that help strengthen that area, especially balancing exercises, such as one would do in yoga. Glad I talked with her. Spareribs
          There you have it...my theory of "always talk to strangers" is working for SR. Is this a new news for you SR?. It seems like a peroneal tendinitis could be treated faster than PF. I wish you the best. And I am still delighted to see you posting any mile you can run pain free. As for me, I just got back from rain land (aka Oregon Coast). I ran my LR in total drenching rain yesterday, 12 miles of it. Then we drove home today for 12 hours and then I fit in a hilly 3 miler as a relaxing recipe. We had a great time visiting the parents-in-love and now back home.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard