Masters Running

It is Saturday the 14th...time to celebrate life... (Read 469 times)

Stevie Ray is the man. 200 is about 175 more than I'll ever do. An easy 10 today... not much of a reverse taper this time as I think I'll try for another Spring marathon. Ray
    PJH

SRL - just have to add my congrats as well! Truly amazing ... especially the average of 25 per year! Did you run marathons before 9/11? Only 191 to go for me. Beautiful sunny day in northern Ontario. MLR of 10 miles mid-day ... 1:35:04 ... 9:30 pace ... 149 hr ... miles 7 & 8 @ MP pace of ~8:30. Nice running gang! PJ

Marathon Maniac #957

Incidentally, this is marathon #200 since I started over again in September of 2001. About two weeks after 9/11, really. So 200 in slightly less than 8 years. 25 a year.
        Awe-inspiring, Stevie Ray!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

xor

Did you run marathons before 9/11?
          Yes, from 1989-1992. BTW, my start after 9/11 is coincidental to that day. My race just happened to be scheduled for Sept 30th (Portland Marathon). I remember that we were all wondering whether the race would occur. It did. Although I was not there, I bet the 2001 Marine Corps Marathon was a somber occasion.

Maniac 505

You know what's parked in the river in downtown Little Rock? A Russian submarine. Really. It's a tourist attraction.
            Robert: Congrats, that is quite an accomplishment. I wondered what happened to that sub, I toured it while it was it Seattle. kind of interesting. Diesel boat, built in the 70's as I recall? One of the Washington State Ferry skippers has the dubious distinction of being the only WSF captain to collide with a Russian submarine Surprised He was backing out one of the passenger only boats when he backed into it. Blush no harm, just a little embarrassment. Easy 5 for me today, kind of windy but I missed the rain. Dave

King of PhotoShop

Just back from packet pickup duty. Holly, a while back I mentioned that you must keep your eye on the prize and train through this fivek. I don't know if you did this or not, or if you rested a bit as I don't recall your posts. But in any case, put aside course or time inaccuracies and think of this race as a terrific time trial and super speed workout at a key time in your marathon plan. I concur with everyone about the happiness of the win and so on, but what is more significant is that you raced. Nothing is like racing. If you train for the marathon and run lots of distance and many weekly miles, and throw in MP, HMP and tempo work, all of it is good. But nothing gives you that razor's edge like racing, because no one works as hard during a workout as one who races. That was a very good result and a nice confidence-builder for you. Spareribs
              TammyinGP

SRLopez, congrats on your 200 marathons. You shouldn't have given away though that Biden was in town and hence the reason for all the security and snipers. A few of us would have believed it was there for you. Heck, you are a celebrity in your own rights. congrats on your most awesome 5K, Holly and 1st AG! Way to go! Best wishes to The Saint on her HM tomorrow. Make sure you update us Ribs on how she does, unless of course she feels like writing her own RR. Nice 18 Francesca, and nice MP long run Mari! So many great runs today. Hope you are feeling better soon Enke. Went out for 10 miles this a.m. And I finished up before the rain started, did some stretching inside the health club afterwards, fell asleep in the sauna for a bit and then showered and did the grocery shopping. Now I'm tired. Is 7 p.m. too early to go to bed?

Tammy

StevieRay -- Bravo! Bravo! That is just awesome.
                  wildchild

Carolyn

Stevie Ray Roberto senior (Big grin) Lopez: Congrats on #200! Is Joe Biden running the marathon too? Holly, way to go on #!1 in AG. Did you win anything cool? Carpy run for me today - only managed 3.5 miles, as my gut was acting up and I had cramps. I didn't take the dogs, as Tazzie has stitches and a drain tube in her chest where she had an abscess drained a couple of days ago. We think it was caused by a porcupine quill from last summer that worked its way out. Anyway the dogs were pretty riled up when I got home, since they knew I'd gone without them, so DD and I took them for a walk, only about a mile, but it was a nice afternoon. I'm hoping I feel better for a long run tomorrow. Good night!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.