Masters Running

Autumn Tuesday, 9.23.14 (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I nearly died this morning.  Yes, sad but true.  I got up.  Put on my running clothes, short sleeved shirt and short pants and went down to get ready to head out.  Then I looked at the outside temperature and it said, oh I cannot believe it, it said 41°!  NO!!!!  Too cold, too cold.  Up I went and put on, put on, . . . I can't, I can't go on . . . put on a long sleeved shirt!    Yes, the horror!  

And I will admit that, for my run in 43 degrees, I wore TWO long-sleeved shirts.  Okay, they were pretty lightweight, but still....

Lamerunner - Shhhhhhh!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

See now is when those pesky hot flashes can work to your benefit! but perhaps that won't work for Twocat....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

See now is when those pesky hot flashes can work to your benefit! but perhaps that won't work for Twocat....

he's too old

when i lived in snow country like lamerunner,

41° was too warm and we could hardly wait for freezing

and the lovely, beautiful snow but not anymore.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

And here I thought I was the only comedian on the daily. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Hear ya sistah!!!!

Now I do look forward to the winter months when the pesky hot flashes makes me hotter.

Speaking of hot...the perfect autumn weather with some strong drops of rain made it for a perfect run tonight. 6 miles with

3 miles repeats at 8:02; 7:52; 7:45. 

Yeap, blaming the pesky hot flashes for the speed of the last two mile repeats 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

And here I thought I was the only comedian on the daily. 

all my posts are as serious as I am about my training, . . I mean tapering.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

very cool Jay.

"I love fall in Fairbanks. Both days." 

Have fun down under TwoCat. I'd rather tough out the cold than tangle with rabid kangaroos though.

From saturday's event.

Norah under the pink blanket. DD#1. Noah trying to climb up my back. Yours truly. AD. DD#3. DW. DD#2. Jude under cover. Honey's leash.

Three of us finishing the 2nd loop.It may have gone more quickly if Noah hadn't sympathised with the dogs and started chasing squirrels. We did get cut off before starting mile 3. One of the big wids said their phone showed another storm cell moving in and wanted to get closing ceremonies done before things started rumbling.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - Beautiful family!  Looks like a great event as well.  And it still looks pretty green up there, too.

Here's a shot from our street last night.  The tree up the road has the first signs of autumn that I have seen in the neighborhood. The nights are growing cooler, though, so it should be hurrying in soon.  I'm still watering my annuals, though.  We should have another month until the first had freeze.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."