Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 11.27.12 (Read 405 times)

Henrun

My medical procedure has been moved up to 6:30 tomorrow morning.  I sure hope everyone is awake enough to perform their jobs at that hour.  I am going to have an anxiety attack if the doctor or anesthesiologist are yawning.

Dave- I've been in the medical field long enough to know that they function best early, early in the morning. Good luck

((((((Norm))))) my thoughts are with you and your wife.

Since my 5.5 miler 3 days ago I've regressed-much more pain and difficulty walking. Went back to my primary and he agreed that it's a return of my ITB. So back to PT, more stretches and possible acupuncture. He also suggested a steroid injection-I'm not quite ready for that.

Went to the Y  this morning and did 15 min. of the elliptical, a very short swim and the spa. Leg feels much better this afternoon. Will try to get to Y more frequently, especially since the weather is becoming nasty.

tet, another great marathon.  Holly, sorry to hear about all the sickness at your house.  I hope all recover quickly.  C-R, my thoughts are with your wife and you.  Bertha, good job slaying Bertha.  fatozzig, good for the "new Shorty".  Dave, good luck on the procedure tomorrow morning.  henrun, what a bummer about the regression.  I hope the treatments help, and soon.

Nice long run for mari.

This morning, it was about 20° and there was a light wind.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:14 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

henrun funny you mention you PT suggested a steroid injection.  I got the same advice today.  Like you I am not ready to give it a shot.  In my case, I think my PT is more anxious for me to get back on the road running than I am!  Maybe that is a good problem.  Not sure.  Confused

My rule has been that if my ankle is at all cranky in the morning that means no running that day.  This morning it was cranky (of course it feels fine now) so that was that.  Just did some gym work then it was the start of work work the rest of the day.  Well, work work excepting this post I guess!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Bertha/Lori, if we banned people here for being annoying, well...  Just kidding! Everyone always has something interesting to say, including you. Good job slaying that hill. I'll bet every area has a famous hill called the "Widowmaker" or some such name (around here, it's known far and wide simply as "Dutton Hill").

C-R, I'm sorry to hear about your DW. My DW is facing the loss of her sister due to cancer, probably within the next year, so we know how all the concerns can be so stressful and time-consuming. I certainly hope you can both pull through it.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

mrrun

(((CR and his wife and family and friends))))

Ran 3 after work very slowly thru the dark and leaves and rain/snow.  glad i didn't bike to work this morning.

marj

Slo

glad i didn't bike to work this morning.

marj

It was 12 degs on my commute this morning. Didn't quite have the chin for it yet. A little numb when I got to work.

King of PhotoShop

Listen to me Bertha!  We have this woman here on RA who is a chronic whiner.  A few years ago she moved from one house to another, and as soon as she moved in she started crying that there is a big hill she has to run up no matter how she runs. On and on she went about this hill near her house. You would think she was the only person near Dayton, Ohio to ever run up a hill!

Well, because of that hill she now runs ultra marathons and is a Marathon Maniac and has had all kinds of running success.   Of course to be discreet, I am not going to mention her name here, but just let that be a lesson to you.  Get out there and slay the Bertha every day, and one day soon you'll be just like the whiner we have here!  Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I will try not to be annoying.

I hope so.

Incidentally, have you run any half mary’s recently, . . . especially with a windbreaker around your waist, and lots of gels for the first three miles, . . to say nothing about whining about the weather or hills.?

So sorry too C-R but, for all our own reasons too, I’m glad Slo got away with saying what he said.
                  Hats off to ribs too.
                  It’s a wonderful gift to have poetry from the ages to use for the present

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Greetings everyone,

I'm new around these parts,  I came over with the RWOL  refugee bus, figured i'd stop in and say hello. I just turned 50 last week, have been running for slightly over a year now, ran 2 HM' s in 2012 hoping on 4 in 2013 and possibly a full.

Edit: Didn't mean to post in the dailies thread, I know that's usually for workouts.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

{{C-R}}

I've been missing for a few days. Not much to tell about my running. After one mile later tonight my streak will be at 11 days. On one hand running a little each day keeps some parts from getting sore while other parts wonder what's going on.

Hey RW buddies, it's quiet in here. People have conversations. It's great!

TammyinGP

Greetings everyone,

I'm new around these parts,  I came over with the RWOL  refugee bus, figured i'd stop in and say hello. I just turned 50 last week, have been running for slightly over a year now, ran 2 HM' s in 2012 hoping on 4 in 2013 and possibly a full.

Edit: Didn't mean to post in the dailies thread, I know that's usually for workouts.

not around here. we pretty much ramble about everything and anything in the daily - workouts, naps, what we ate, etc.  Kind of like one stop shopping.

although there are a few other threads that more focused on just workouts - like the 40/40 thread, where you can post your weekly running/workout plans. sort of an accountability things. Or maybe it's to keep old people focused.

Welcome RW refugees!

Tammy

4 miles today on tired legs...hopefully 5-6 miles tomorrow...

(((((CR))))) In our prayers...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                          Mariposai

not around here. we pretty much ramble about everything and anything in the daily - workouts, naps, what we ate, etc.  Kind of like one stop shopping. (posie girl bolded this statement Smile)

although there are a few other threads that more focused on just workouts - like the 40/40 thread, where you can post your weekly running/workout plans. sort of an accountability things. Or maybe it's to keep old people focused.

Welcome RW refugees!

well said tamster.

RW runners, welcome here!!!. Like tammy said, we are very loose around here, however we have one rule...be yourself, share  what is going on in your daily world and ohh...if you run today, tell us about it. BTW, no need to run to post in the daily.

ohh and we really like pictures and when we are happy, we dance bananas

RW friends are here...

Speaking of running. I did end up on the TM for a 6 miler at a brisky 10 mile pace this afternoon. Every 2 miles I rewarded myself with a "water break"Wink.

What a fantastic day of working at home Joking I had. I truly enjoyed it!! I wish it happens more often! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

irishguy daily mostly for running?  Confused  Wow, am I in the wrong place!  Where is the not running daily?  I gotta get over there!  Wink

I spent all day working on computer code.  The worst kind; database manipulation.  Dead  Now I think I will see about watching a TM go round and round for entertainment.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

pfriese

7 miles after work. First run since Monkey & holidays. It felt great.

(((Norm's wife, Norm, their family & friends)))))