Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 3.26.14 (Read 41 times)

Siri, who??    I have a cheap Tracfone - $20 every 3 mos.  Suits me perfectly since I don't like talking on cell phones.

So last nigh as I was doing my transcription, I kept thinking, "Crap!  I wish I could see better what I'm typing!"  . . . . Oh yeah.  That's what "zoom" is for.  Tonight it's been much easier.   Now if only I could get the view on my email bigger.  I used to be able to, but now, for some reason, I can't download the whatchamacallit thingamajiiger to change the graphics.  It's even tough on me in here sometimes.

That's it - I'm going to bed.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

While I was running head on into a 24 mph wind, 

and you were able to keep up that pace!!!!

Annabelle, she is so gorgeous! Happy birthday princess!!!!

Great news about NYC marathon, Robin.

Uup at 5 for a 10 slow miler today. I sprinkled a few fast pace every other block followed by work all day, then with two community meetings. One a board meeting for the Community Action Council of my county, the other one a Rotary scholarship interview of future recipients. Hard work to decide who is worthy of the scholarship when all applicants are top notch.

I must be growing old or....I am in high mileage week. I am ready to go to bed and it is only 9:15.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congratulations too NY robin

It's the dream of a lifetime that's never going to happen for most of us.

Just as for Boston, post as much as you can, with abundant photos too. .

No particular reason but what are you going to wear.

Leslie - I heard an NRP program last year that only 5% or so us still have regular cell phones.  I'm on the pay-as-you-go plan too. I know I would not be able to stifle myself from excessive smartphoning if I had one.  However, I better start using that zoom feature too as I thought steve's new girlfriend's name only had three letters.  oh well. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Mariposai, that's what I was thinking about Mike's run... 24 mph headwinds and that pace? Holy crap... I was whining to DH about the wind for my run last night, and it was maybe 8 mph or something like that. Not insignificant for us, cuz we don't normally get much wind. At 24 mph, I'd stay in...

Nice early morning run for you, btw.

Tammy, that garden talk is touchy territory for many of us.... I like SteveP's comment about the lettuce and kale still being in the seed packets. Ditto here.

So, Annabelle shares a birthday with an awesome young man who came into our life 22 years ago. Happy birthday to my DS1!

Another nice mild day here with lots of sunshine. I don't know if it's just not quite getting warm enough, or the ice was just so thick from the episodes of freezing rain we had, but it just seems like it's taking forever for the ice to recede and go away. I spent a good part of tonight's run putting on and taking off my Spikeys as I found dry pavement and then stretches of ice and slush. What a PITA. But, I sure like running without the spikes, and even did some out-and-back repeats on the pavement where I could. 6.3 miles at a brisk 8:07 avg.