Masters Running

Tue Mar 18 Runs and Workouts (Read 622 times)

I Can Go The Distance

Ran 3 miles in 26:32 (8:50 pace) at 6 am this morning. I know all you Midwest and East Coast runners will hate to hear this, but here in SOCAL it was a sunny 57 this morning. When I read some of your posts I know I have no excuse for not running. Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

PJH

Some great reading and running today ... nice job everyone! Enke - love the "TNT" acronym. Think I'll use that one from now on. SR - not much you can do when you get stranded ... amazing how clients don't understand that these things happen occasionally TomS - my condolences BTB - Speaking of seagulls, a funny thing happened many years ago. My oldest son was learning how to drive and he was behind the wheel. We were headed to a donut shop with the family after church as was our Sunday tradition. Suddenly, this seagull swooped low across the front of the car and my son hit it. It startled everyone, especially my son. The bird was okay, but he didn't know that. We continued and after a few seconds I said to my son, "you killed the bird!". He started to protest but I continued saying "you know, I bet the police will probably track you down. Murdering a bird is a serious offence." Now he was really frazzled. (I probably shouldn't have been saying this while he was driving!) We entered the parking lot at the donut shop and guess who pulled in beside us ... a police car! Just a coincidence of course. I only wish I had a camera to catch the look on my son's face. We had a good laugh over that one and have told the story many times over the years. As for running, got in 9.3 miles tonight in ~ 1:26 ... 3.1 mi w/u @9:52 ... 3.9 mi @8:15 (LT - 15 sec) ... 2.4 mi c/d @9:56. A good run considering the rain and all. PJ
      pfriese

Late run for me this evening, so I ran indoors on the treadmill. 8 miles @ 10:00/mile Paul
        evanflein

Me too, Paul. But I wasn't late, just pressed for time. And I only did 5.2..... ok, so not so much just like your run. Still... it was on the treadmill. Boys both to soccer, DH and a friend hanging cabinets (yes, he "over did it" on the shoulder thing), dinner/wine tasting at our favorite restaurant, packing for my trip tomorrow (in Anchorage for 2 days of mtgs). Just a few things going on around here. A friend of mine said it must be nice to live in Alaska where the pace would be slower and we take it easy all the time. I told her I'd like to know what she's smokin' for lunch, cuz I want some next time!