Masters Running

Thursday; July too, 2015 (Read 34 times)

Mariposai

She has been a fire cracker all her life, just like her mama, Holly

wow, a sighting of the blazing cajun, happy day, indeed in RA masters world.

so much to read on the daily today, but I am exhausted right now. Huge learning curve at work for 10 hours every day this week,  then today I came home and started working on packing for camping and hiking for three days with son Daniel and the DH. Also spent over 3 hours (in addition to the 5 hours I spent last night) to try to book an flight to go to see our son in Macedonia using our air-miles frequent miles. They don't make it easy, I tell ya...but when earned air-miles is the only way to go to see your son after almost two years...the search becomes furious, intense and shall win this war.

Ohh I did 4 smile inspired miles this morning.

Cheers the Mighty USA Independence Day!!!

The rest of the world celebrates it with us; please take the time to celebrate it too!

Cheers

Posie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

That DD of Holly's is indeed a spitfire... hold on, Holly, I suspect the road ahead could get a bit bumpy!

I just hung around the house today. At times I felt bad for not accomplishing more, but in fact, I did get a lot done, if only chilling out and relaxing without worrying about deadlines. Gotta be something for that. I did make a batch of cranberry jam (use like cranberry "sauce" for poultry, meatloaf, etc), and tonight finished a batch of blueberry/rhubarb jam that I hope I didn't overcook. Did some cleaning and sorting, and that's about it. Good day if you ask me! But... the reason for all that inside stuff is because our weather sucked! Drizzly rain all morning, giving way to spitty rain and wind that brought the smoke in steadily as the day wore on.

Too smokey out today! AQI is "unhealthy" so stayed inside and did a ladder run on the treadmill.
      8:42
      8:34
      8:27
      8:20
      8:13
      8:20
      8:27 (x 2, forgot to drop it)
      8:34 for the last .2 mile

Spent some time cleaning up the garage, pulling out stuff for the eventual garage/yard sale (which keeps getting pushed back) and kitchen clean up. That's about it, odd stuff for a "day off," but it makes me happy! ("home care," right, Mariposai?)