Masters Running

Training Tuesday - 9/30/2014 (Read 36 times)

Wish I would have thought of this earlier. I finished at 128 miles. I could have run 1 less or 3 more and had a prime number this month,

Well, you had a "power of 2" month, or 10000000 miles in binary.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

mrrun

Okay, you have totally been misguided here.  There is an open container law in Ohio that forbids any previously opened bottles of alcohol from being carried in a vehicle where drivers or passengers have access. The bottles must be carried in the trunk of the car. 

oops - sometimes it's better to be lucky then good! 

Mike E

MM #5615

I interrupt this thread with a picture of my granddaughters who turned 2 years old on Saturday...

I now return you to your Training Tuesday thread...

Sorry...me again...I had to share this one as well...it's so nice that my son is handing down a family tradition...

Okay--seriously--I'm done.

Ok - seriously too cute MikeE!!!!

I had a lovely afternoon and evening with my little darling Maria -- so love having her around!!

Ran track this morning - we did a down the ladder workout I guess you'd call it --- after warm-up and drills we did 1200, 800, 400, 200 x 2 sets, starting at tempo pace and increasing the pace for each leg ..... I left my house without my Garmin which I thought would mean sure disaster but our coach clocked my splits and I was amazingly on pace and consistent each leg --- very strange!!  Maybe my body likes morning track instead of evening or maybe I am getting a little better at finding my pace - FINALLY!!!

Love hearing all the VT stories!!  Wild - I didn't realize you could drink outside a bar legally anywhere -- guess that's from living in good ole MA all my life!!

denise

You most definitely can't drink outside a bar in CA, airport or otherwise.  Those Colorado people - they're wild bunch!  And you can have an opened bottle of wine in your vehicle as long as it's recorked and put in your trunk, and I think it has to have foil wrapped around the top, too.

Amy - I need to remember your secret for my race on the 11th - start slow . . . but not so slow I don't make the cutoffs.  It's a tricky balancing act when speed is not on your side.

Mike - Cute interruption.

6 miles today with 30 min of hill work.  It was a really beautiful predawn with a partially cloudless sky, and when I was looking at the stars, I thought of Holly's comment that she saw the Milkyway for the first time in years while she was in VT.  Last Friday morning as I was running predawn, I  saw a shooting star.  Hadn't seen one of those in quite awhile.

I'm supposed to run 5 tomorrow, but I think I'm gonna switch it to Thurs. My dad and I are meeting with someone from the Area 1 Agency on Aging regarding his insurance.  Hopefully, the guy can not only explain to me how it works, but figure out if my dad is getting the biggest bang for his buck.  He has Medicare, but he also has insurance through his former employer, but it's a secondary insurance, not a supplemental insurance.  Then there's the issue of his medications and the fact that by either March or April, he doesn't pay for any of his meds anymore.  Eye, yi, yi!! (or however it's spelled)  It makes my head spin.

Okay - Off to do some transcription.  Later, peeps ~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Greetings! I am so glad Mike, Holly and Carolyn finally got home and didn't really get arrested. Those open container laws! You can smoke weed in many spots across the Commonwealth, but don't show off those beers!

I am still processing the VT50 weekend and that will take awhile as I am facing work deadlines as if they are coming out of a hydrant. That said, it was beyond fabulous to see Holly, Marj, Henry, and, Skip and to finally meet Mike and Carolyn. Thanks for celebrating and sharing miles and laughs. You all did it right by renting a lovely spot and spending time together. I am also glad you could meet and see some of the folks I've mentioned over the years. Some of the Js were there too---Iron J at mile 31 and 47 (feeding me salt tabs and making me down my electrolyte laced water). Canada J and Dr. J were up on the bridge just before the last chute to the finish line. Their cheers propelled me down that last hill like my hair was on fire---tears in my eyes and a grin on my face. I had to be in Boston on Monday evening for work and almost screamed when I had to step off a curb to get to my car. I was on my feet presenting during a training session today for clients in Hartford and wore compression socks with my execu-drag pant suit today. Ouch!

Marj, Did you find your phone? Rick (Mr. CNYrunner) asked me about that this evening. He thought it was wild that so many people knew who he was even if he didn't know them!  My teammate and buddy Vanessa loved meeting you as well and maybe she'll join us here at RA one of these days. She is a young master at 44 and very much the true heart and spirit of my team.

Speaking of which, we are hosting a xc festival this weekend: http://www.westernmassdistanceproject.com/wmdp-xc-festival

Join us if you are nearby or in the area!

I need to catch up here and in the meantime, just know that you all inspire me and keep me going!

Mariposai

Mike is our soical butterfly; Mari will have to lend him some of her wings, I think.

I will make him a pair of cool looking butterfly wings.

Puritan laws, speed running, tetsujin training...what a great thread this is!!!!

The Easy Pacer and I did managed 6 miles of running date after work. We saw a double rainbow. It was cool.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

You most definitely can't drink outside a bar in CA, airport or otherwise.  Those Colorado people - they're wild bunch!  And you can have an opened bottle of wine in your vehicle as long as it's recorked and put in your trunk, and I think it has to have foil wrapped around the top, too.

I don't know what it is in Washington but probably not in parks

as the beer glass part of last weekend's Fat Glass 50K

was across the street from the lovely, forested trails

of Bridle Trails Park at the RD private residence.,.

Now that MikeE's got 'em using the porta-potties,

when will you let 'em go funning with you?

Lookin' forward to the postings of the various perspectives

and versions of RA Vermont True Tales.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Happy 4 Tet

Envious of your three day granddaughter cross training Dave59.

Wild, the cop was looking for reasons to pat all of you down.

Love the grandkids, MikeE

DW, the dog and I put in a few miles.

We even got some end of September blackberries

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

LOVE the grandbaby pics!

Steve - beautiful fall foliage pics!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Mike - great pics!

CNY - i found my phone. eventually someone turned it in and they announced it.  when i picked it up, they said it had been ringing constantly - i had been calling with Henry's phone and texting his number.  could they have answered the phone or looked at the message?  they also had someone's credit card.  the runners and bikers were an honest group!