Masters Running

I THINK it's Wednesday? 9-16-15, right? (Read 37 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Hope the Rosie Ruiz Relay team has a blast!  The only relay I've done was this summer (Wild West Relay), and I only knew 2 people, not very well - I imagine it would be way more fun with a whole team of friends!  Stumpy - cool that you get to hang out with the gang after the race!

Holly, sorry about the funk.  Sending hugs!

I thought I'd try a run today, so I did my favorite short loop in Golden Gate Canyon State Park (5.7 miles).  It was tough!  At about mile 2 (at the top of the very steep rocky climb, for those of you who have been here)  I felt dizzy and my heart was racing, so I sat for a while till I felt better.  The rest of the run was fine, but my legs feel like lead and breathing is labored.  Guess I need a little more recovery!   Gorgeous day to be out, anyway - deep blue sky and golden aspen!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

enkephalin welcome to the east coast!  As for me, I am not going to complain one bit if it hits 80 during the relay! 

wildchild I do not think I have ever run on a relay team where I knew everyone and this will be my 8th year running one.  This year too nobody on the team knows everyone else.  I think that so long as you know some of the people and the rest are there for the party you will have a good time.

Less than 24 hours and the party in a van begins!  I am not sure if I am going to get to post again.  One problem is I have T-Mobile and their coverage up where the race starts is awful!  But, we will see if I wind up somewhere with Wi-Fi.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/