Masters Running

Saturday, the end of relay daily (Read 35 times)

Mariposai

We are on our last in many ways. We have had a fun time together and when we all recovered we will tell you the story later.

Twocat just took off for his final leg.

Go runners go.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

..MORNIN' MARI//............safe trips home to everybody

==========

...34mprnb

deo

...............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Go relay runners!

Rest up, and then tell us about the adventure...

5 easy-paced miles for me today, followed by squats and dead lifts.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Alright relay runners.

Had a middle school 5k this morning. 19:04. Getting closer. Patrick finished 2nd. He's getting fast.

A little yard work and then off to see ND play PU this evening. Go Irish!

Have a great Saturday everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I looked at the blog for the relay team and am anxious for updates and reports.  CNY, sorry to hear about Super Granny and her broken hip.  Keep us informed of her progress.  C-R, impressive 5K running.  Patrick is fast.  Nice long run, Holly.

This morning, it was in the high 40s, there was a light rain, and some wind.  I managed to survive 8 miles at an 11:54 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

mrrun

congrats to the relay runners -you guys/gals rocked!

nice runs for Holly, tselbs, race for c-r, and mpr for tw

ran the local 2.5 miler, popsicles for results while henrun jogged part of the route.

rest of the day to be low-key so we have one rest day before back to nh and going for a run with my DD (she's supposed to wait until next week, but knowing she won't convinced her to take the first one with me. she'll have to slow down and everyone will feel better knowing she's not alone.  not sure if we'll have GD1 and GS on their bikes

have a great rest of the w/e!

marj

Dave59

Ran 2 miles. Carried concrete to dumpster for 3+ hours. Now just chilling. (On tablet. Can't type much.

The 2014 Rosie Ruiz Fan Club has finished!!  32/102 in the Mixed Open Category with an avg pace of 8:31 --- we had SO MUCH FUN!!

Going to bed soon totally exhausted but oh so totally grateful for the experience, for our health and the love of family and friends!!

Pictures and more stories to follow by those more tech savvy than this gal!!

denise

SteveP

I never had interest in a color run. Noah easily talked me into one. I registered us this morning and DW was asked to be a color sprayer. Tag gave a heck of a yank on the leash and pulled the clasp of his leash through the metal swivel that holds it. He bolted in front of everyone, then he stopped and turned with a look that asked, "Why isn't everyone going run run run?". Then he walked back to me and we improvised a new hook up fast. He was back to being his normal goofy self when we started for real. As DD#1, Noah and Norah entered the field.

It was a non timed group run. Which is good.  About 1/3 of the way in, Noah asked how far this run was. I told him, I thought it was 92 miles. He said it was supposed to be a fun run and that didn't sound like fun. He was happier when he found out it was only three miles.  When we entered a wooded area, he cautioned me about wart hogs and quicksand. Those colors make for instant hippies. The first station had blue and after we got dosed, Noad exclaimed that he was turning into a smurf. Grammy had purple and she got Noah pretty good.

The last loop around the field, Noah said he hoped there were good snacks after the run. He's been practicing having snacks for weeks.

The kid went the entire route. There were a couple of moments when he had a "the entire world is on my shoulders and everyone is against me" shuffle. But those did not last long. The only down side is, I got beat by a six year old.

SteveP

steveP//....I am forwarding this one to Claire..she will love it

also

I loved the ''92-miles'' Fun Run Line......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It it sounds like the relay kids had a great time.  I know how much fun I had the two times I ran relays, and I didn't even know anybody.  i'm glad everything worked out.

This must be the week for broken hips.  My dad fell and broke his.  He went 2 days before having surgery...he's in a lot of pain.  So, after working all day, I stopped and visited him for awhile.  Then I came home and ran.

2 hours at the nature center.  I only managed 13.7 miles.  It got cold...and dark.

Okay...I have to go.  It's been a long day...it's been a long week.

evanflein

Sorry to hear about your dad, Mike. I hope he recovers well. So far, it sounds like Super Granny is living up to her moniker.

How'd Tammy's son do? Sounds like C-R's son did really well.

Sorry... can't respond to much else other than great to hear the Reach the Beach relay teams did well and OrangeMat did a Ragnar Relay that ended well. Relays are a lot of fun. I hope to do one again before too much longer.

Rest day yesterday, translated to really sproinky hilly 9.1 mile run today. Tomorrow will be the same as last Sunday, then taper down for the race on Saturday. The best news is the weather looks like it'll be awesome all week and perfect for the race. Today was warm at 73° when I started out. It'll cool off by next weekend, but we're loving our (unusually) warm September so far.

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - I love Noah pics...

Mike - sorry to hear about your dad.

Erika - it's too soon to worry about the weather next week.  I'm hoping for a perfect day for your race.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."