Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 1.22.16 (Read 37 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey Aamos - I saw your picture on FB with Boston Billy. You sure hang around with famous folk! 

Since FB is even more anathema to some of us than training is <<<(that would be me)>>>> and, since this is a running forum, a photo of Boston Billy with any of us deserves its rightful place of honor herein.  Just sayin"

Tom - Will you be able to walk in some races when you are out with the eye surgery? I'd hate to see your streak of at least one race a month come to an end.

Absolutely. Me too, tom.

You're actually a lucky guy tom to be able to fitness walk your first races for a good excuse rather than having to do it because that's all you can do anymore.  Quite frankly, once you're over seventy years old, that's all anyone thinks we can do anyway and you'll be setting a good example that some of the young uns might be doing when they're at our chronologies too.  Be Brave, Be Tough, Ditch your Pride in a Huff.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Say Rosie, I'm going to be in Reston staying with my college roomie the weekend of April 8.   Any chance you'd come over and run the half there on the 10th?

Wilber Scoville is being honored on Google today: until Wilbur Scoville, there was no objective way of measuring how hot chillies really are.

I looked up the Reston run. This Looks Interesting...

I asked DD and DSIL and the r.s. to be on a team with me. Waiting to hear back from the kids. Ralph is in!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

...agree with tet//..........Fitness Walk beats no walk at all.........

==========

getting about 6-inches of snow here

,,,,,,,,,,slid back from knoxville this morning,

and

slid into a curb turning into my neighborhood

now we're just waiting it out,

interstates in Nashville closed an hour ago

Tell me again why some of you Love Snow

I tend to forget

.......supposed to melt off Sunday,,,,I like that part,,,,,

.................good running guys,,,,,,,,,,,watch your footing

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

here you go, Tet.

Since FB is even more anathema to some of us than training is <<<(that would be me)>>>> and, since this is a running forum, a photo of Boston Billy with any of us deserves its rightful place of honor herein.  Just sayin"

Absolutely. Me too, tom.

You're actually a lucky guy tom to be able to fitness walk your first races for a good excuse rather than having to do it because that's all you can do anymore.  Quite frankly, once you're over seventy years old, that's all anyone thinks we can do anyway and you'll be setting a good example that some of the young uns might be doing when they're at our chronologies too.  Be Brave, Be Tough, Ditch your Pride in a Huff.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

A lot going on in here, and I barely have had a chance to glance at Thursday's daily.

That being said -

Ribs - I hope you get things worked out regarding the statins.  I applaud your decision to not take something that makes you feel like crap.

Aamos - What kind of bird to you have?

JLynne - Agree with what Holly said about the toenail.

Wild - Have fun with your FA50K.

TSelbs - Definitely eyesight is more important than running right now.

I can't think of what else has been going on . . ..

The Hub liked his gifts, we enjoyed the movie (Revenant), but he ate too many peanut M&Ms while watching the movie and wasn't interested in burgers and fries.  Dang it!  We rarely ever buy each other gifts, especially to the extent I did this round, but I've been wanting to get him a mixer for a long time, the price was right, and you only turn 55 once!

I had a good 6 miles yesterday with 2 tempo miles in the middle, I won at Bonkos last night, and this morning I woke up with a nasty headache , that's still hanging on despite my efforts to excise it, so no workout this a.m.  If the headache keeps up, I'm going home.  I can't think of the last time I took a sick day from being sick (took a bunch over the summer when my dad was sick), and sitting here staring at a computer screen isn't helping things.

Tomorrow I have 20 on tap with my new running buddy.  We're going to up to Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, one of my favorite places to run, and since we have another storm coming in, it should be a soggy run.  But, when you're running in such beauty, I don't mind at all.

Have a great weekend, and stay safe, my friends ~~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

moebo

Leslie, I hope you are feeling better by now!

Ribs, I am sorry you have to choose between the meds and running. I hope that you start to feel better very soon.

Tselbs, I am happy to hear that your vision issues can be treated and that you won't have to be off running for too long.

Rose, now I am wondering if my high HDL score (over 100 HDL vs  45 LDL) is a bad thing instead of a good thing!

I missed posting yesterday, but I would like go on record as a non-supporter of  "Squirrel Appreciation Day." A couple of years ago, sitting on my deck in NH, I watched in horror as a crazed red squirrel dove into the hedges, grabbed an innocent little bird, and ATE him right before my eyes! Yes, that's right, I had a a carnivorous squirrel less than a yard away from me! I still cringe at the thought of it.

I got 4 in yesterday and 7.5 this morning. I went out later than usual today because I was off from work--took a personal day to accompany my DD to get her wisdom teeth out. The route was a pretty unspectacular one I take quite often, but the past couple of times I have encountered something strange: bagels strewn along the side of the road. Earlier this week I spotted three along a mile section; today there were eight along an almost-two-mile stretch. With no bakery close by, I am stumped as to how and why these bagels ended up where they did.  My BF says he, too, has seen random bagels on the road...

The route was a pretty unspectacular one I take quite often, but the past couple of times I have encountered something strange: bagels strewn along the side of the road. Earlier this week I spotted three along a mile section; today there were eight along an almost-two-mile stretch. With no bakery close by, I am stumped as to how and why these bagels ended up where they did.  My BF says he, too, has seen random bagels on the road...

I think you should start carrying some cream cheese with you!

Thanks for the chuckle re the squirrel story. 

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Dang!  I wish I had said that!

moebo

Dave, my surgery is a few days before the Reese race.  Depending on how I feel, I may go and walk it.  The Bay City race is a couple weeks later.  If I've been cleared to run, I'll probably do so.  Otherwise, I'll walk that one.  I'm guessing that my second eye will be done at the end of Feb or early in March which could mess with the St Pat's race.  tet, I hope I can keep on doing something.  We have to meet the high standards set by henrun.  Thanks to all for your comments.

evan, happy birthday to your husband.  Nice long run for RCG and good job on the speedwork for evan.

This morning, it was in the mid 20s and there was some wind.  I did 5 miles at a 10:57 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS