Masters Running

1-28 runs (Read 652 times)

Plan on 4 this morning and then lifting later on, having hard time motivating myself to get out and run in this lousy weather should have done 18 miler this weekend did a big fat 0 miles. Martian might be out this year and have train for Bayshore instead. Will try to get a real long run this week before Saturday and then maybe do another Saturday morning. the weather is supposed to be warmer today and tomorrow. Run long run well
      Morning Derrick---I hope you get that run in as planned. I ran from my hotel in Marietta, Ohio and up over the Williamstown Bridge into Williamstown, West Virginia at 5 AM. It was a star light star bright morning---bright moon and 16F. I was grateful to run without snow underfoot even if the wind threatened to blow me off the bridge. I ran for 75 minutes, so I'll call it 8 miles and change. The run felt good and I tried to keep the pace even. Time to get into my execu-drag outfit for a day of meetings. Good runs all CNYrunner

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Derrick..Hoping for some nice long runs! Cool 24F for 3.2 Magical Healing Miles with Tory at AHR 137, that turned out to be 10:05 pace. Then 50 pushups (ok.. 1x20+3x10). Have great runs or rests or x-train.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

SteveP

Spring is in the air

SteveP

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Come on Derrick - you can do it!! Nice run CNY!! Steve - Big grin Today is a schedule rest day, but, seeing as the weather tomorrow is looking less than favorable I decided to run this morning and take tomorrow off. 4 miles - 10:58 pace - nothing exciting. I need new shoes, so either this afternoon or tomorrow I'll make a run to the running store. Happy Monday! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! StarrRuns – nice to see you posting. Derrick – don’t worry, spring is on the way. Just ask Steve. CNYrunner – you are amazing, getting in such high mileage in spite of travel. Perch – I didn’t realize you could go that slow, speedy guy. Smile Hopeful - thanks for reminding me. It's time to start looking for a good deal on shoes for me as well, since I'm nearing 300 miles on this pair. A drag, since I just started wearing them 12/19/07. Got some good skating video yesterday, but not many good stills. Here’s one of DD after a spill: No run for me today, x-training instead: weighted squats, dead lifts, dumbbell curls, reverse flies, dumbbell presses, push-ups, butt-blasters, bent rows, and a 17-minute ab/core workout video (oh this one was just cruel – my whole mid-section actually feels warm). Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Thanks for the picture Holly.

SteveP

Morning Boomers. Holly - what a great picture! Hope the kiddles were well-behaved. Uh, Steve? Those pictures don't help me believe that spring is right around the corner! Mary - pick out a good pair of new shoes. What are you running in these days? I'd like to take a survey to see what the most popular shoe is for all the Boomers on RA. I like the Asics Gel Kayanos myself. CNY Runner - you travel so much with your job, yet still manage to get long runs in. Do you ever feel nervous about not being familiar with the neighborhoods you're running in? Especially in the dark? 4.2 miles on the treadmill in 39:01 this morning. The good news is we're closing in on the end of January. That means winter is one month shorter! Good Monday runs, everyone.
                  SteveP

Steve? Those pictures don't help me believe that spring is right around the corner!
                    It's mating season Jlynne!!!! I finished Mom's urn ths AM. The hickory one was too small and too dark. The truth is, pine is more suitable because mom liked the rustic life as well as the ocean.

SteveP

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Steve - that is so creative! Very nice job!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

btb1490

I finished Mom's urn ths AM. The hickory one was too small and too dark. The truth is, pine is more suitable because mom liked the rustic life as well as the ocean.
                        That is beautiful and well thought out Steve! Your mom will always be near the things she loved. Thanks for sharing that with us.
                          5 sluggish miles on ice this morning at an 8:12 pace...I knew right away I didn't have it this morning,but I needed to get the miles in...
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #957

5 sluggish miles on ice this morning at an 8:12 pace.....
                            Sluggish? That's a tough tempo pace for me...Smile Steve - that's beautiful.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly ,my tempo pace is MC's recovery pace...
                              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                                Massive melting--it was 56 yesterday! And I'm standing firm (on the eliptical) altho it was hard--had to be tied into my chair Clowning around at one point. I told myself I was working on speed and aerobic conditioning this weekend, then pounded the heck out of the eliptical. Today is weights and balance ball (but no push-ups). Geez, perch, that's a lot of push-ups. I use machines for arms as I hate doing push-ups. I like the pine urn, Steve. Thanks for taking the time to post the photo. Thinking of you... grins, A
                                Masters 2000 miles