Masters Running

August Masters Miles Awards (Read 420 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

If one could run without getting tired, I don't think one would often want to do anything else. - C.S. Lewis

Okay, masters, time for the monthly miles recap!  Hope it's been a good month for everyone.  Post your running, biking, swimming, walking, hiking, and/or skipping miles, and any PRs or other notable achievements.  Awards as usual for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, cool totals, and prime numbers.  I always look forward to everyone's posts!

Centennial Cone Park, Colorado

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Beautiful trail photo as always, Carolyn, and probably one I could actually run on, since it's nice and flat there!

I think I win the award for first poster in the thread, though not anything else....

August = 157.7 miles

YTD = 1034.9 miles

Thanks once again!

DoppleBock

August 550 miles

YTD 4,486

August included my 1st 5k run since 2007 (?) in 18:27 - Man did that hurt the whole way

It also included a dramatic taper to prepare for the 24 hour race this weekend - It's time to make a big withdrawl on that training and blow it all in the next 48 hours.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

76.8 miles.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

August 550 miles

YTD 4,486

Shocked I'm almost embarrassed to post this after seeing what DoppleBock's totals are but - as my 8 year-old nephew always says "Aunt Jeanne, you get what you get and you don't have a fit."

August 140.3

YTD   1125.5

Highest monthly total since last April is all I got for awards this month.

Thanks again, oh great master of the totals. Beautiful picture too!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

August - 164.4 miles

YTD - 946.9

2 AG awards: 3rd in 5K, 2nd in 15K.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

53 miles for me .... a little short of DoppleBock's!   Shocked

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild

Carolyn

Beautiful trail photo as always, Carolyn, and probably one I could actually run on, since it's nice and flat there!

OM, that trail is nowhere near flat!  Here's the elevation profile from that run.  I think that picture was taken at about mile 2.4 on the little tiny flat part.  But you could certainly run on it anyway!  It's much more runnable than some parts of the trail I took you on.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/9cc55b03a2cc4a4e9fe77a140a75fbde/workouts/600e11a42b1d49798575d1e0ae9d458b/graph?x=20&y=30&y1c=0000ff&avg=1&w=640&h=480

I ran 200.5 miles in August, my 2nd highest month ever.    I considered doing a short run this morning because I only needed 1.8 miles to set a new record, but decided I really need to start tapering at some point for this darn marathon on Monday... so I'm taking a rest day. Smile   I slept an extra hour this morning instead.

ETA:  a highlight for the month was meeting Tramps and Tribee!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

#artbydmcbride

181.9 miles (after tonight's run Smile )

three 5k races

one Mile race  (PR -  80% age graded)

Runners run

Dave59

Love the C.S. Lewis quote.

pfriese

Thanks wildchild.

August running: 136 miles

YTD: 896.7 miles

2 races in August 1AG in both: 2 mile run (PR, first time at this distance) and a 5K

cycling: 109 miles

swimming: 13.4 miles

Paul

Go DB

evanflein

212.6 for August, just under 6 miles shy of the highest mileage month in a year. As it is, it's the second highest. After the June and July I had, I'm very happy with this, and the fact that I feel pretty good.

1354.3 for 2012 YTD, and ahead of the 2k pace bunny once again! Yay!

112.1 miles for August, a 12% increase from July, so I'll take it.  I am hoping to increase by 10 miles per month until I am maxed out.

Go DoppleBock!!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Only   53.3 running miles in August     601.7 miles YTD

However I did have over 700 miles bike miles in AugustWink

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

73 miles for Aug

769 miles for the year to date

Thanks wild

TomS