Masters Running

It's Monday again, 2.22.16 (Read 36 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Wild, I think if I tried to run 50 miles a week for four weeks I might end up in the hospital!

Tet, your daughter's emails gave me a good laugh this morning. Thanks.

4.15 extra-slow miles this morning under a gorgeous the full moon.

But you forget--that's only a couple of runs for her. How hard could that be. ;-)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

So happy to be able to introduce DH to Steve P and his amazing DW and to reconnect with speedster marj (2AG) and henrun, who I was able to introduce to a psychiatric nurse.  We all had a grand meetup.

Just 3.5 easy--ran about 30.4 miles total this weekend (4 races) in 3:53, which is a tich faster than last year.

DH ran 2 races, the 15K and the 8K, the Ultra Lime Challenge, and finished ahead of a whole third of that group!

Deez, get better.  Thinking of you.

Supper's ready--gotta go, more tomorrow,

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

mrrun

Just 3.5 easy--ran about 30.4 miles total this weekend (4 races) in 3:53, which is a tich faster than last year.

the modest one is not mentioning a AG 2nd in 15K and a 1st in the other 3 races!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

the modest one is not mentioning a AG 2nd in 15K and a 1st in the other 3 races!

We all just assumed that this is how it went.

And congratulations to you, too, Marge!

Nice to see ya running, La Tortuga.

You too, Tom!  That is great news.  AND you were able to hold off surgery for to get another race in...nice!

I think I might like tet's DD almost as much as I like tet.

I got in 6 miles, tonight.

A friend at church, who just started running late last year, signed up for a 5k in April and asked me to put together a training plan for him.  I'm really excited!

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

Stumpy! Yes, just a couple of runs, for sure.

I like hitting that 50 mpw range cuz it feels like a nice place to balance the calories out/calories in thing. Not always easy to do in the winter, but this year I've been doing pretty good with it.

Sounds like a fun gathering and some successful races in FL this past weekend! And yes, we pretty much expect all those AG wins from Aamos. Congrats to Marj for her great race, too!

Yay for keeping the running thing going, LaT! It's so good to see you back here.

So I tried my new Brooks Ghost shoes today. I like them. And I really like that they have a substantial enough tread that I could do most of my run today without my spikes! I carried them along, but it was so nice to run on the path with just shoes. Hard to explain the why's of that, but it felt good. I think my ankle and heel will be happy with the change, and the old Pure Flows are going into retirement with just over 900 miles on them.

5.3 miles today on tired legs.

Bushrat Runner

Well...I'm out of bed today. But sore throat and cough...feels like I should be back at work tomorrow though.

Erica, I bought some new shoes...my first ever Saucony and Hoka shoes. The Sauconys are good when it is slick out. The Hokas...not so much. But I like both pairs.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly, we all love ya but, for some reason,

I’m glad you’re not my DD this week.

Tet - which of you is the parent again?

With Zigalina and all the convenient trails so close, there’s no need for any more excuses to go to Humboldt County country but thanks for letting me know what it is in case I do. 

Now if I could just figure out how to add a Newport-Humboldt connection to my occasional travels, . . . to say nothing of New Orleans.

I love the small oysters, BBQ'd and drowning in garlic butter.  Humboldt County is the largest oyster producer in the state:

"Humboldt Bay's clean water, its tides and its moderate climate make it the biggest producer of oysters in the state: About 70 percent of the state's oysters are grown in Humboldt Bay. The oyster industry here recently made a major transition that makes it gentler on the bay and more likely to remain as an anchor industry for years to come." (Times-Standard 2009)

Rhoonly - good job on the certifications, etc. that’ll allow you to be doing a little flying for work from now on. If there aren’t any eye exam requirements, let me know if you need an observer.

= =n=n=n=n=n=n=n=n=n=n=

I’m not going to say anything about DD wanting me to stop by the pizza parlor on my way back after a day full of various meetings so I could pick up the pizza she’d ordered and then getting there right on time only to find they didn’t have anything for her because, if I did, . I’d have to explain about calling her cell phone and finding out, of course, it was in my name not hers (after all I was paying for it) and, not only that but I’d probably also have to admit to forgetting the soft drinks.
                . = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == == =
                February 22, 2016
                Dad -

thanks for picking up the pizza
                and then going back to get the sodas.
                Sorry
                Love u

===

Dad -
                Please do not park so close right behind (DH)’s car
                in the driveway. He has to back out around it

in the dark when he leaves for work at 5:30 a.m..
                Thank u
                Love u
                - - -
                TO: my RA friends
                SUBJECT: further support for DD is unnecessary
                Dear RA'ers - DD is dealing with my occasional lapses
                just fine without your further commentary unnecessarily

supporting her so much from the peanut gallery.

Thank u.
                Love u.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, we all love ya but, for some reason,

I’m glad you’re not my DD this week.

Sorry Tet - I was teasing - I meant no offense....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."